close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shot my first USPSA (IPSC) match today!

Discussion in 'General Competition' started by jhayesvw, Jan 17, 2010.

1. jhayesvw

jhayesvw

that was the most fun you can legally have with a handgun!!!

ive shot 2 IDPA matches that were both fun but really confuse new people with rules and sequences and such.
    IPSC/USPSA is GREAT.
    the course of fire is....
    remove gun from holster and shoot all targets. thats it!

lots of moving around. lots of shooting through windows and such. no REQUIREMENT of how or when to shoot.
    i got 18th out of 26 people. 42nd percentile.
    not too bad considering it was my first time AND the first time i had ever shot my new Glock 17. EVER. i picked it up saturday morning and shot it today at the match for the first time.

i wanted to post this so people that like IDPA but want to do something similar with less restrictions, try IPSC!
    thanks for listening.

2. Jon_R

Jon_R

Glad you had fun. I shoot IPSC, IDPA, 3-Gun, Steel Challenge, 5-Stand, etc. Grab a Shotgun and Rifle and try IPSC 3-Gun. :)

3. HK Dan

HK Dan

<g> It's technically "USPSA" rather than IPSC. USPSA is the US chapter of IPSC, but has it's own governing body and it's own rules.

I shoot both--2 USPSA and 2 IDPA matches per month. I hate it when, in either game, they make stages that exist simply to screw with your head. IDPA is one where the course designer gets it into his head how the stage should be shot and then drafts it so everyone has to do it that way. We don't do that.

I put them in a situation--usually with an unusual start--and say 'solve it', using good sense and reasonable tactics.

USPSA is all about the shooting! Please tell me that if you're ever facing 15 terrorists and all you have is a handgun with 10 rounds in the mag, you'll shoot the 2 closest to the door and run like heck. LOL

Dan

4. mteagle1

mteagle1

It is IPSC with a set of rules modified by USPSA to fit our desires.

Hell yes I would shoot the 2 closest to the door and run like heck the other way hoping to find cover.

5. jhayesvw

jhayesvw

haha. very true.
    i would shoot then run also.

as for USPSA vs IPSC, i just called it IPSC because some of the guys did too.
    im too new to know or care really.
    just a fun game to play with friends.

6. MarkCO

MarkCO CLM Millennium Member

There IS a difference between USPSA and IPSC and both types of matches can be shot in the US. USPSA is what most clubs shoot.

If USPSA is the most fun you can legally have with a handgun, then 3 gun is the most fun you can legally have in Public!

7. jhayesvw

jhayesvw

yeah. i dont have a shotgun, so doing 3 gun isnt possbile right now.
    and i dont like running through tons of 223.
    oh well.
    USPSA is fun though. im just bummed my local club is only going to do it once a month.