close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shot my AA Glock 17 .22lr kit this weekend (pics)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by avgjoe, Jul 17, 2004.

Tags:
  1. avgjoe

avgjoe

I got my Advantage Arms Glock 17 .22lr upper this week, so I took it to the range
    Friday afternoon after work.

I also brought a full brick of Remington Golden Bullets from Walmart for $8.96 plus tax. The box was half empty by the time I left (about an hour later).

I was the only one there. The silence was punctuated only by the pop of my gun as it spit out .22 rounds.

Once adjusted for windage and elevation, I could hit the bullseye at 10 yards easily. This AA unit has been reliable, and it is very fun to shoot. I put it on an old G17 frame that is first generation. The trigger on it is nice and light with none of the Glock sproing. I also prefer the pebbly finish of the first gen frames.

The weight of the entire gun is barely over a pound, if that. It is LIGHT. This would make a perfect field gun, or in my case, a SHTF gun in my pack, along with the regular 9mm slide and barrel. Since the slide of the AA unit is aluminum instead of steel, it is lighter, but with the lighter power of .22lr, the gun flips much like 9mm with the steel slide.

www.hunt101.com/img/202661.JPG

And just in case you forget: [:D]
    www.hunt101.com/img/202673.JPG

This sign was facing you on your way out...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today (Sat) I shot another brick of Remington Golden Bullets and 100 rds of Mini-mags and 50 rounds of Stingers. The Stingers had more recoil and it was like shooting .45ACP in a Glock 21.

Overall about 1200 rounds this weekend with no cleaning and it was pretty reliable.

www.hunt101.com/img/203189.jpg

www.hunt101.com/img/203194.jpg

www.hunt101.com/img/203196.jpg

Overall, it's a lot of fun to shoot. I let the people on either side of me shoot it and they loved it. One man said now his 8-9 yo son will want one (he shot it too).

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Nice report! I've seen signs like those before; they are intended for police, to prevent them from leaving the range and pulling an entire shift with an unloaded gun in their holster (high pucker-factor there if they had a need to use their gun).

One quick question; what is the red sticker on the front of your weapon's trigger guard?

3. 357glocker

357glocker

I like mine too. However with all the stingers, velocitors, super maximums and yellow jackets I put through mine I can't get it to come even close to recoiling like the G21 or even the G17;) Glad you like it.

4. TENNESSEE-LP

TENNESSEE-LP

I am glad to hear that the conversions work well. I have a G23 and a tight budget, that would be a dream come true. I'll have to check into the cost of a conversion for the 23.

5. lwt210

lwt210

Keep reading good reports on the Advantage Arms conversion kits.

Gonna break down and get one for my Christmas present to myself. I have a Smith autoloader in .22 but I want an AA for my G19/23 pistols.

That and a .357 Sig barrel for the 23 ought to make me happy this year. Thanks for the report.

6. JBA111

JBA111

here's what to do. Get yourself atleast 4 mags and the fiberoptic front sight.
    toss out a couple handfulls of yellow shotgun shell hulls on the ground, back off 8 yds or so and go to popping em an makeing em dance.
    talk about some fast an furious quick gunning.

7. Angel

Angel

does anyone know if advantage will produce hicap mags after the ban sunsets?
    angel