close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shot 1st GSSF Indoor today

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by MI357, Feb 26, 2006.

1. MI357

MI357

I shot my first indoor GSSF Indoor shoot today. I have to say that I had a good time. I shot my G26 with WWB 115gr rounds.

My score was a 444 with 22 x's.

I felt I blew a lot of chances for better scoring. I really have to work on the 25 yard shooting. 3 complete misses here killed me (hit paper but was outside the 5 point area).

This shoot was in Westland, MI (Firing Line). This was the 2nd shoot in the series of 3 but I was unable to make the first one.

There is another club in Bay City, MI (Duncan's Outdoor Shop) that is starting their series next weekend and I am planning on attending that one as well.

I have to step up and buy a G17 or G19 to shoot these with. The G26 was comfortable but I feel I lose something on the 50 and 75ft shots with the shorter site radius.

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

last two indoor matches i shoot at i got 498s with a g26, g27, or both. i started the indoor GSSF matches in november of 04 and started shooting at a second location last summer. i think my first time shooting was a 450 something. i shot my first 500 a year later. like you i missed a lot on the 75' target and i mean missed. you'll improve every time you shoot. using the sub guns is a lot harder than a full size glock, but they shoot just as good.

3. MI357

MI357

I have been contemplating my next handgun purchase and I am almost settled on a Sprinfield Stainless 1911 9mm "Loaded" but in the back of my mind I have been flirting with the idea of getting a Glock 17. I have a few months to decide so we shall see.

I would put target sights on the G17 and the hope would be that I could shoot it better than the G26 (at least at the longer distances)

Thanks for the input ede...;c

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

for me and the ammo i use my 40s shoot better than the 9s, but i've shot well with the 9s. i use fixed heinie rears with dawson fiber optic fronts. if you're into GSSF a 1911 is going to be pretty worthless, i'd look at the 17 a little more.

5. John45ACP

John45ACP

6. MI357

MI357

Hi John45ACP ~ I am definitely planning on shooting at the this outdoor event as well. I am hoping to have a G17 to shoot there for most divisions and then shoot the G26 in the SubComp division.

Thanks ~ ;c