close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shot 1st GSSF indoor match today

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Adam5, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Adam5

Adam5

Well, I shot my 1st indoor match today, and I did horrible. I shot 2 sets, 352 in the 1st, and 321 in the 2nd. From what I was told that's about average for a first match. The good news is that I know what I need to work on. I found myself worrying too much about how much time I had left and not enough about staying on target. I also need to work on 25 yards. I normally shoot self defense distances, 12 feet and 25 feet. I'm not used to shooting at 45 and 75. But, I had a blast:banana: :banana: :banana: and that's more important than a high score (almost). I'm going to practice tomorrow, I hope to do better in Conyers, and the next indoor match is the 7th.

Adam

2. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

You are No Further From Your Front Sight at 25 yards than you are at 7 yards.

3. Adam5

Adam5

I know, I think it's a mental thing that I just need to get over. I shot a set an hour before the match and shot a 432. I think I was more relaxed then. I need to shut out all but the RO's commands and shoot like it's an empty range.

4. mike23

mike23

Congrats on competing in your first match! :thumbsup:

5. CRUEL HAND LUKE

CRUEL HAND LUKE

If you keep practicing the indoor match course you WILL get better. I use the indoor match course of fire shot at quicker speed as one of my regular practice drills.

6. Adam5

Adam5

I think that I just need to slow down a bit, and concentrate on my sights. And NOT concentrate on how much time I have left at each distance. The RO told me after that I shot my 25 yard set in 15 seconds. I should have used the 30 you're given, and would have scored better. Oh well, I have 2 works to work on it before the next match.