close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Short term disability question.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by OMG its Jason, Feb 24, 2010.

1. OMG its Jason

OMG its Jason

I recently had an emergency surgery done and therefore had to take a LOA. Fortunately I have short term disability. My doc said I should be fine in 3 months (let's use the 20th as an example).
    I get a call from corporate on the 7th stating if im not back by the 10th they have to post my position.. This sucks for me. I would not lose my job, just my position.. I happened to have a doc appt. that next day and informed him in which he wrote a return note for the 10th. These dates are just examples mind you.
    Now on the 19th, you get another check in the mail for the 6th-14th. I'm obviously now working and they really only owe me for half of that. I tried calling them today but was placed on a permahold.
    Would it be unwise to cash this before going to them?
    Would they know i'm "double dipping" so to speak if I didn't notify them?

I'm not trying to screw the system. This just recently arose, so I figured I would ask here.

2. Max5

Max5

About 15 years ago I rolled my ankle at work - bad enough for a cast. I was off for maybe 5 weeks. Workers Comp covered my wages and also overpaid me by, I think it was around $600.00. I informed the boss and as I hate to have problems over such things, told him I wanted to return the excess payment. He called the insurance company and they were flabbergasted that I wanted to return $600.00. Insurance company said I was the first one they could remember that did that.

I'd still do the same thing today. If you are caught "double dipping" it won't look good and may have repercussions of unknown severity.

3. OMG its Jason

OMG its Jason

I plan on doing the right thing.. Just got off the phone with yet another unsuccessful phonecall