close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Featured Short Range Day

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by GlockWheeler, Jul 15, 2017.

1. GlockWheeler

GlockWheeler

I had the opportunity to go to the range after work this evening and it was pushing 100 degrees. I took one of my Wasr-10 AK' s, one of my AR15 carbines with BCM M4 upper, my new M&P Shield 9mm, Gen 4 Glock 17, Sig P320 Compact 9mm, my two Tisas 1911's and lastly, my homebrew Beretta 92 frame with a 96 ejector and a 96FS Vertec upper.

WASR-10 - My first AK and I have liked this rifle from the first shot I fired. It has a an Ultimak rail with a Primary Arms Red dot. I fired 150 rds through it today and had zero issues. It is more accurate than I had expected and it is, a 2014 manufactured rifle.

AR15 carbine - First shots fired, 150, no issues and was able to get it zeroed using a Vortex Sparc Red dot and a Magpul MBUS after six shots. Nothing earth shattering.

M&P Shield 9mm - I will say up front that I am very pleased with the way this pistol handles recoil. For me, it is considerably more comfortable to shoot than my friend's Glock 43 has been. For me, accuracy was mediocre, but I need to shoot it a bit more to get a good feel for it.

Gen 4 G17 - I'm not sure why, but I think I shot the worst I have ever shot with any Glock I have owned. Pretty disappointed in all honesty. I will be spending more time with this pistol to see if it's just me. Not what I expected.

Sig P320 Carry 9mm - I like the way this pistol fits my hand after I installed A large Carry grip module and rubberized grip. I have found that I have the same issue with this pistol as I did with my Beretta PX4 Storm 40 S&W and that is constant trigger sting. I believe it is due to the fairly heavily curved shape of the trigger, specifically near the tip of the trigger. I tried repoitioniing my trigger finger several times, but the sting was constant. Not quite sure what I'm going to do about it. I like the pistol, but I'm finding that isn't overly fun to shoot with this issue.

Tisas 1911's - I have swapped out a number of parts on these two budget 1911's and recently refinished them in a two tone, black slide, silver gray frame using Alumahyde II. Both pistols functioned perfectly with 100 rds each.

Homebrew 92FS/96 Vertec - I shot better with this amalgamation today than any of the other pistols I took with me. I was actually surprised at how well this pistol shoots. I fired 150 rds through it with perfect functioning.

Overall, it was about a 50/50 mix of good and mediocre results for me today. I'm pretty disappointed with how I shot the Glock 17. I have owned every generation of this model and for whatever reason it and/or I did terrible today.
    I am going to spend much more time with it during the next few weeks and see how it works out.

6Actual likes this.
  2. bac1023

bac1023

Cool :cool:

Thanks for the report...

3. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

The X5 model is suppose to have a flatter trigger. Might want to try that. Or, perhaps an Apex unit.

4. 45caldan

45caldan

Is your P320 a newer model?
    I was under the impression that they have addressed that issue as it was a common complaint.
    You can tell a newer one as it has a flatter take-down lever and a flatter slide stop as well than the original.

5. Old School

Old School

A bad day at the range is better than...a whole lot of other stuff. I know what you meant about the heat.

6. GlockWheeler

GlockWheeler

This one is an LE model and it has the older style takedown lever, older style grip module and appears to have the adverse trigger, based on pictures of both style triggers. I may try an Apex flat trigger and see if that helps.