Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
972 Posts
It's as expensive as a real 14" NFA 590A1 and is about as useful as a derringer without a stock...I don't see the point. If you think that these loophole shorty "pistols" that everyone is making are going to be around long, you're delusional. They'll be classified as SBR/SBS as soon as Queen Hillary takes the throne.

· Registered
10,527 Posts
Umm... Eww?

No thanks, I'll take an NFA shotgun over that. I really can't understand people's obsession with pistol versions of rifles and shotguns, I'd rather have the full-size, real thing, before I'd ever consider something that small and that ugly. Plus, firing 12 gauge from an 8.5" barrel? No thanks.

· City cop, etc
4,555 Posts
That is not a good lookin gun. And definitely not pleasant to shoot. Just because it's legal doesn't mean you should do it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
35,064 Posts
I will take my 14in 590A1, it was 379 plus a $5 tax stamp, threw a magpul stock set up to the shortest LOP and an AFG with forward stop, absolute best bump in the night gun on the planet.
Picture? Please.

· Banned
42,095 Posts
I will take my 14in 590A1, it was 379 plus a $5 tax stamp, threw a magpul stock set up to the shortest LOP and an AFG with forward stop, absolute best bump in the night gun on the planet.
How was an SBS $5? Pretty sure that's AOW only, which IIRC precludes a stock.

· Registered
35,064 Posts

· Registered
10,623 Posts
Don't have a current picture but here is a stock photo
How is that not a short barreled shotgun? That should be a $200 transfer, not a $5.00 AOW. I'm open to how that works.

· Registered
55 Posts
It's under 26 inches OAL. By a damn near 32nd of an inch. They denied it the forst time but after providing pictures of a tape measure tip to tail. And it was approved on the second go round. It is much less than 26 now with the short lop stock.

· Registered
10,623 Posts

Ok. I've got an Ithaca stakeout, registered AOW. I was under the impression that putting a shoulder stock on it was an enormous no-no.

· Registered
972 Posts
How is that not a short barreled shotgun? That should be a $200 transfer, not a $5.00 AOW. I'm open to how that works.
from the ATF website...an AOW is

"Such term shall not include a pistol or a revolver having a rifled bore, or rifled bores, or weapons designed, made, or intended to be fired from the shoulder and not capable of firing fixed ammunition."

see that little part about the "fired from the shoulder"..that's real important. You have to restamp them as SBSs if you throw a stock on.

· Registered
1,993 Posts
It's as expensive as a real 14" NFA 590A1 and is about as useful as a derringer without a stock...I don't see the point. If you think that these loophole shorty "pistols" that everyone is making are going to be around long, you're delusional. They'll be classified as SBR/SBS as soon as Queen Hillary takes the throne.
Well put.

Pretty dang sure you have a SBS. You best get your paper work amended.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.