close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

shooting while the snow falls

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dabigguns357, Feb 7, 2010.

1. dabigguns357

dabigguns357

My wife wanted me to take her to the range the other day and do some shooting but before we got a chance to it started snowing and i didn't feel like packin everything up and heading out in all the mess.Well the snow stopped and after her prodding me into going shooting i gave in and we stepped out on our back porch with her new G23.It was truly impressive to see her shoot something she wanted to so bad.She was all over the place with the g23 barrel and 180 grain target ammo.But after that 50 rounds were up i changed over to the lone wolf convertion barrel in 9mm.She did much better,6 inches at 15 feet.I know it will take more practice and a better stance but she is going to work on it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. eXistenZ

eXistenZ Play it.

Was snowing last year when I popped this picture:

[​IMG]

Something inherently cool about shooting in the snow.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010

3. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

Work on her grip, a little higher on the gun both thumbs pointed at the target and the heels of the hands together.

And lean INTO the target.

Enjoy!!

4. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

Congrats Dabigguns-----on the new G23 in the family but mostly on having a woman who likes to shoot!!

5. hardcorp

hardcorp

lol...I was thinking the same thing..

6. dabigguns357

dabigguns357

I've been telling her that since day one and a snubbie .38.She is as stuburn on how she shoots as she is what she shoots.I also keep telling her to lean in to it but after a couple of rounds she is leaning back.My oldest son does the same thing.It's going to take a lot of practice but at 15 feet she can hit a pie plate every time with a 9mm,no where near that with the .40 barrel.

What i need is a couple of women shooters that she can be comfortable with to join her and have some fun while teaching her cause it's clear she aint hearing it from me.:whistling: