Glock Talk banner

Shooting vid

310 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  nikerret
I thought I'd post this over here. 5-year anniversary of my shooting passed a few weeks ago, so I thought I'd post the video. Actual video is not good, but audio shows how fast **** goes bad (shooting happened a few feet inside the door). Anyway - thought it might be interesting for someone and maybe be a learning tool. Until today VERY few people outside my agency (and actually only a few there) have seen this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQZs3IwBrew
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Zippy's Friend.
6,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did a long writeup about it awhile back. I'll try to track it down.

· Zombie Jeebus!
1,068 Posts
Great vid man, thanks for sharing your experience.

· Zippy's Friend.
6,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SPDSNYPR;11832617 said:
I did a long writeup about it awhile back. I'll try to track it down.
Can't find it. My search fu sucks.

High risk drug warrant on real bad dude. Ex-con drug/weapons dealer - promised to never go back to prison. Guns everywhere in house. Bad setup for entry - really long drive in open field, so we didn't want to park and walk - too much risk of being seen. Did the drive up close and jump out thing. Added a new trooper at the last minute b/c we wanted one more body to even the search teams. His first ever search warrant I think so he rolled video and turned on the mic as he jumped in the back of the stack.

BG's wife going out to the car as we pulled up and had to take her down outside so we were compromised. I was 3rd in and as soon as I entered I go to my first threat area (an interior door just a few feet inside front door). As I turn the corner BG is raising his rifle at my head - look on his face made it pretty clear he intended to kill me. I shot him twice, he fell, I put one over his head (shooting for where he had just been), then cleared the corner and drove on to the next threat area.

None of it hit me until after it was all over. Guy DRT before he hit the ground (one in the heart, one in the upper spine with a .223). He had a .30-06 bolt gun he was handling like a pistol and luckily never got a shot off.

That's the short version.

· Zombie Jeebus!
1,068 Posts
Glad you're okay and thanks for serving brother. Good wake-up call for the rest of us.

· Banned
12,230 Posts
I remember your story being one of the first things I ever remember reading from you. It was in that sticky about critical incidents. I think it got de-tagged and either nuked during the server pruning, or it's so far down. My guess is it got nuked.

· Mr. Awesome
12,685 Posts
Thanks for posting. That did seem to go bad fast.

Were you in charge of yelling "search warrant" or "clear"?:wavey:

· Zippy's Friend.
6,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nikerret;11840911 said:
Were you in charge of yelling "search warrant" or "clear"?:wavey:
:animlol:

I was supposed to yell "A big black bug bit a big black bear, made the big black bear bleed blood" 7 times before the warrant was over - but since I was near the front of the stack and the guy with the mic was in the back you can't hear it. Guy behind me was yelling "She sells sea shell" - that was drowned out by the gunfire.

· Mr. Awesome
12,685 Posts
:rofl::laughabove::laughing:

That was the funniest individual post I've ever seen!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts