close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shooting the G17 gen 4 with the Ghost Rocket and TLR2 (short demo video)

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Tangle, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Tangle

Tangle

These gen 4 issues and purported fixes are so baffling to me. I have no doubt the problems are real, just as I have no doubt that others aren't having any problems at all.

I now have 700 rounds through my completely stock as purchase G17 gen 4. Well, I did install a Ghost Rocket connector. Three hundred of those 700 rounds were with a TLR-2 light/laser combo and I clamp it down. I tighten the screw with a coin to see if reducing the frame flex will induce problems. It doesn't on mine. I have had zero problems; no casings in the head, etc. nothing; no failure to feed, failure to extract - nothing. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.

Anyway, this is just my trial shoot with the newly installed Ghost Rocket connector. I think I’ve pretty much explained everything else in the video – it’s about 2 min and 45 sec long.

Be easy on me here, remember each of my eyes have 5 RK cuts and scars that I can see when my pupil opens up and it causes faint multiple images of small things like sights. One eye has had cataract surgery and both are in soft contacts and as you’ll hear in the vid, does give me some trouble sometimes.

Oh, and as of last December, both eyes became 66 years old.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzmShpSd_5Y"]Shooting the G17 gen 4 + Ghost Rocket + TLR2t.m2ts - YouTube[/ame]

2. bentbiker

bentbiker

Didn't those frame-flex and slide-timing issues mainly affect the G22? And weren't they eventually cured with stronger mag springs to speed up the cartridge movement to match the faster slide (with a light)?

3. Brad55102

Brad55102

that is correct. the 9mm never had issues with the light like the 40 did.
    Great shooting though!!

4. Tangle

Tangle

Thanks for that update guys. But I have had no problems with the TLR-2 on my G22 gen 4 either. Again, I may be one of the lucky ones.

Hey thanks for the kind words about my shooting Brad - us old guys need all the encouragement we can get, LOL.