Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody knows the recommended width ( length of the backstop) of a shooting range to be used for a short, medium and long courses of fire??

TIA
jojo

·
Registered
8,198 Posts
it depends on how big your place and budget is! if i remember correctly, armscor's regular bays measure 30 meters long by 15-20 meters wide. the longest i think is 70meters. the widest doon sa kanto is 40meters by 40 meters

Most of our ranges here have low side berms or are made of cement walls. Kaya mga targets are almost always placed low on the ground. Mas maganda kung ang side walls are also high sloping berms para pwedeng eye level ang mga side targets.

The back stop ideally should have a splatter beam on top to prevent ricochets uprange. just like sa armscor and karingal. it also lessens the sound return or echoes. pwede gumamit ng mga back falling poppers!

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Open air range ba?

Per PNP Circular 107 (22 Feb 1973):
5 foot width minimum (per bay, apparently)

Other requirement specs therein listed are:
-8 foot depth minimum from grade or berm-top
-total length not exceeding the height of the backstop.
-The backstop is to be either a natural hill or cliffside,
or else a concrete wall no less than a foot thick and fifteen feet high.

hth,
-horge

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Magpapagawa ka ba sa inyo jojo? :supergrin:

inde ako paul,

nagpapatulong kasi saakin ung governor namin, gustong magpapagawa ng shooting range.

plano ko sana, start ako sa 12 meters wide bay then followed by 2-15 meters wide then another 12 meters. para medyo maluwang. with that, meron pa akong bakanteng about 20m pa which i plan to make another 2-10m bay.

some says masyado daw maluwang ung 15m for 1 bay.

jojo

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
The Blackwater facility uses shredded tires as a backstop, to help prevent bounce-backs. I got to thinking about this last Saturday when I was popping away at some plates and something, perhaps a piece of lead or stone, hit me. A rather common occurrence at our range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts