Shooting of LaVoy Finicum During Oregon Standoff Sparks Allegations of FBI cover up

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by pipedreams, Mar 17, 2016.

1. pipedreams

pipedreams "Knowledge Speaks - Wisdom Listens,"

There are numerous sources of this online.

"An Oregon State Police officer also told investigators that he observed two copper-colored rifle casings at the location. This is potentially a significant development, as the Hostage Rescue Team reportedly uses copper-colored casings, while Oregon state police, instead, use silver-colored casings, the Washington Post reported."

"While copper casings weren’t recovered at the scene, FBI surveillance video reportedly shows agents searching the area after the shooting with flashlights; one of those agents is then seemingly seen bending over and picking something up twice near the area where the shots were believed to be fired, leading to speculation of a cover-up."
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-sparks-shocking-allegations-of-fbi-cover-up/

2. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I don't get it. Shot was clearly fired to break the window. What coverup? Are they saying that the FBI shot him before the OSP opened up?

3. Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill

How did they find cases in all that snow? Not taking either side; just wondering.

4. SmokeRoss

SmokeRoss GTDS Member #49

I find casings in the snow all the time.

5. pipedreams

I only posted what the story alleges.
    "A state trooper later described to investigators seeing two rifle casings in the area where the agents were posted. Detectives tasked with collecting evidence didn't find the casings, police reports indicate."

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/03/bullet_casings_disappear_from.html

Dr. Bill likes this.
  6. Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill

Maybe they were up on the asphalt. I would think any hot shell casings off the road would sizzle their way down a couple of feet.

7. pipedreams

FBI agents on the scene did not disclose they also fired shots, if they had reported their involvement it would be different. There were five FBI agents and they all kept quite. Aren't they responsible like any other LE for accounting for any round fired?

Slow-motion video of gunshot FBI allegedly lied about in LaVoy Finicum confrontation

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  8. SmokeRoss

More like a couple inches. If the snow is packed and crusty, they will barley melt in at all. The brass cools quickly.

Dr. Bill likes this.
  9. Bruce M

Bruce M

As discussed in another thread there may be a question as to who and when the FBI agents needed to speak regarding the shooting. Typically the FBI investigates their own shootings. It appears the OSP took the lead investigation on this shooting and it is possible some FBI agents on the scene covered up their involvement or it is possible they followed their rules and protocol for being subject officers/agents in a shooting rather than the rules of the OSP.

Regardless it seems the shots that killed Fincum were fired by the OSP and it seems that all of the agencies and prosecutors that have had access to the investigation and evidence have all stated shooting him was well within policy and law.

10. fg17

fg17

Yeah me to. Even in fluffy snow you can see where the casings landed.

OkieGunNut likes this.
  11. SmokeRoss

The entire thing stinks of 'coverup' and IMO was completely fubar'd.

*ASH* likes this.
  12. pipedreams

This what happens when all agencies involved don't work together. Wonder what the witnesses in the back seat have to say, or are they afraid to speak out.

13. fg17

fg17

I don't get it either. What huge cover up are they talking about.

14. fg17

fg17

Why would they be afraid to speak out? They weren't afraid to take over a government instalation. This is the U.S. not some third world crap hole. You think it would help their case.

Bruce M likes this.
  15. Bruce M

Bruce M

From what I have read in the articles I agree it seems bad. However I generally have relatively low faith in the media presenting an accurate story as opposed to one that is interesting and controversial.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
    Sam Spade likes this.
  16. pipedreams

The OP title was "Sparks Allegations of FBI cover up" and I agree based on this article. There are many articles and YouTube videos about this situation and I guess everyone has to make up their own mind. One article I read stated the county sheriff said the FBI people were different and he wasn't even sure they gave their real names. With all that has happened during the current administration anything is possible but I would never put the blame on individual officers.

17. OkieGunNut

OkieGunNut

This is me, slowly backing away from this thread.......................

*ASH* likes this.
  18. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

yeah it does .

19. WarCry

WarCry

So there were, what, 4 or 5 bad guys there, a bunch of cops, some Fibbies, a chopper in the sky. There were at least two different cameras rolling - including that from the helicopter which was released by the FBI - and a big pile o' eyewitnesses......

Gotta say, if they were trying to cover anything up, they did a piss-poor job....

20. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

never heard of deflection of cause ? . sometimes the more involved the easier the cover up . think about it

example full bar you see a guy drop a wallet , you wait now chances are high with people there will see try to pick it up

but ,,,, you yell over at door : hey johnny good to see ya :" peoples reaction is to look that direction , all the while you are bent down acting like tying shoe putting said wallet in sock .

now if you have a bar with 10 people and try that same move . you get busted 9 out 10 .times .
    so in some instances the more people involved people think there is no way of cover up . but there is