Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The gun camera setup is just a gimmick I put together with COTS parts for fun and to demonstrate the target invention.

Jeans Paintball Shooting range Hat Plant

Here's a link to where you can see a video

Keen to get any feedback I can and see if there might be a market for this. Happy to answer any questions I can.

The targets can link wirelessly to a phone as well. No need for any app. You can choose from a number of options; number of exposures, number of hits for each presentation to go down etc. results come back to your phone/computer with the times and averages. You can see a bit better how it works in some of the earlier videos.

Thanks for checking it out!

·
Registered
22,895 Posts
Reminds me of the periscope systems used in WW1

·
Come on man!!
17,132 Posts
Needing to shoot over walls is pretty uncommon. Needing to shoot around corners is much more common.

Adapt the idea with a camera and mount that can flip to the left and right side of the gun and you'll really be on to something.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Your target system seems good with all the options mentioned. Looks like it would be fun with all the engagement options and beneficial with the info generated.

The camera is a poor boy version of the Tracking Point, but without the computer to lock on the target.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
I have seen targets somewhat similar on a big time contract training range.
If they could be had at consumer prices, they would probably sell.

If they had long enough range for rifle shooting, they would be much more useful. A lot of people want to shoot at long range but face the problem of knowing where they are hitting.

·
USMC (MOS 0369) (RVN 69-70)
2,620 Posts
WWII Germans thought this would work.
Machine gun Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun

·
NRA Benefactor
5,732 Posts
I think the Israeli's have this. Or were working on this years ago. Smartsight Gun Cam was developed in 2010.

Reactions: Rotn1

·
RIP Stan Lee.. . .
17,979 Posts
Well now that you have publicly divulge your invention you can't patent it.

·
Registered
14,821 Posts
Am I wrong that the camera sight isn't what he's talking about? The target is his product.
I'd like to see video of it in action and pricing to produce it.
Why was the barricade necessary to test targets?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Am I wrong that the camera sight isn't what he's talking about? The target is his product.
I'd like to see video of it in action and pricing to produce it.
Why was the barricade necessary to test targets?
The target is my invention, the camera system was just a fun toy to demo it. the barricade was just a table on it's side to show that I wasn't peeking and cheating. There's heaps more videos of the target on my channel if you are curious to check it out - thanks for commenting!

·
Registered
14,821 Posts
The target is my invention, the camera system was just a fun toy to demo it. the barricade was just a table on it's side to show that I wasn't peeking and cheating. There's heaps more videos of the target on my channel if you are curious to check it out - thanks for commenting!
I figured that, but nobody else did by all the comments about the camera.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.