GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shooting my G45 and a gen 4 G17 side by side was eye opening. I felt I was more accurate with the G17, but it popped harder. My G45 felt smoother in comparison though. Trigger pull was better with my G45 (both stock). I did like that 17. I would consider getting a new gen 5 model if I could for range. But it begs the question, should I? Isn't it better to practice with your carry pistol? I guess I could just own both and take both to the range, but I dont see the point having two 9mm pistols that are almost identical.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Similar experience is why I no longer have my well loved 17 and still have the 19X.

Especially when I was able to sell it, used, for more than I bought it for (and I could have gouged more and didn't!).

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a department issued gen 4 17. I learned to make do with it but the finger grooves never really got along with my hands and you can't modify your duty gun beyond the sights. I went through numerous guns trying to find the perfect off duty carry from a 43, 43x and p365 but didn't shoot any as well as the 17. The 365 on an XL frame is cool and all but I prefer my Glocks.

When the gen 5s came out I was going to get a 19 to carry both on and off duty but I procrastinated. For once my procrastination paid off and Glock announced the 45. I played with a 19, 17 and 45 at my local gun store and walked out with a sweet blue label, BMF, 45. The 45 has been on my hip both on and off duty since I got it. I've done a little work to the frame and built a "Gucci" slide for when I'm feeling fancy.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I felt the same way renting a 34.4.

I would load one round in each and fire back to back with my G19.5. Trying to compare like I was tasting wine. (Or pies.)

So the answer is, yes, yes you should.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts