Shooting in the cold of winter.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by guitarguy69, Jan 9, 2010.

1. guitarguy69

guitarguy69 Glock'N Roll

I go to one range only and it's a partial open air range. More specifically the roof is vented on the range and all their heat comes from kerosene torpedo style heaters. I am not complaining at all, but am more curious as to how to look at this. I can convince myself that it will ultimately help me shoot in more situations than just optimal, but I am just a wimp lately and have not gone to the range in 2 weeks. Long journey to the point, but is the cold keeping any of you from doing what we all truly love, ...... going to the range? Or am I just venting because I am going through with drawl symptoms? I miss the range. :crying:

2. chewybaca67

chewybaca67

I don't shoot enough in the winter and should as as I'm a firm believer in training in all seasons. Winter has usually been castin'/relaodin' time for me, but I go to a free "un-official" range only 4 miles from my hut. Okay, I'll go tomorrow. I got some new 38 spec. and 9mm loads to test anyway. Thanks for the mojo.

3. plasticslap

plasticslap

I shoot until my fingers feel like they aren't there then its back to the car to warm up and smile at my groups. I hate the cold though so I feel your pain!!

4. Jack_Pine

Jack_Pine CLM

I have the bullet heater (diesel) in my barn. It works but not as comfortable as summer time, plus it smells bad. Better than nothing, though.