Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shooting Hard Primer Ammo

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by scott lambert, Apr 6, 2010.

1. scott lambert

scott lambert

Hello All, I have a few questions I was hoping I could lean into the experts for some advice on....

I've just bought a new Glock 19 which is the the only hand gun I've owned in the last 10 years. (more of a long gun man/hunter) Anyways I wanted to pick up some ammo cheap, so I bought some old surplus ammo from sportsman's guide at a great price.

The ammo has hard primers and my gun will not fire them, only fired 2 out 20 tired.:sad: I did make a call to sportsmanguide & they offered to pick them up but also advise of the hard primers & said that a change of the firing pin spring would take care of the problem.

The gun is new and I don't mind modded it but at the same time I do not want to do damage to my gun or have a triger so hard to pull the gun is no fun to shoot.

I did order this spring in the link...have yet to receive in the mail, should have it this week.

Ok enough of my rambling here's my questions
    1) Should I keep the ammo or will the extra heavy firing pin spring allow me to shot the ammo?
    2) Will the heavy firing pin spring make a big difference in weight of triger pull?
    3) Is old ammo like this hard on the Gun?
    4) Any advice on where to pick up the best prices on ammo, as sportsman's guide has since pulled what I bought from their sight?

Hope I've posted in the right place as I'm a newb so you guys take it easy on me :embarassed: