Shooting Goals for New Year

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Don At PC, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Well I know it may be a little early but have you started thinking of setting your shooting goals for the New Year? I have set a few to start on Jan. 1st, 2006.

(1) Much more consistent practice, a minimum of 1500 rounds per month.
    (2) Do not make any equipment or load changes after Jan. 1st, 2006, stick with G17 in stock and G17L in U/L.
    (3) Consistent scores, goal set at 70's or better for stock and 60's or better for U/L. Win an true "A" Class Glock. Yes I know GSSF doesn't use classes any more but you know what I mean (1st overall in AmCiv, Guardian, Competition and so on).
    (4) Shoot a minimum of 12 GSSF Matches in 2006 - 2007 Season Schedule.
    (5) Shoot every match with a winning attitude but be sure to have fun when not on the shooting line.

Would you like to share your goals?

2. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

I shouldn't be surprised that, except for the details, ours are very similar.
    Hope to squire around at least same number of new members this year as last (4) at some match or other.
    ;?

3. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i want a 500 indoors, i'm close and think i can do it yet this year, if not then in 06 for sure. i'd like ot get kicked out of Am classes, but that may be an unrealsitic goal. have more fun, shoot more matches. thinking orlando now but job stuff is real unsure so don't know if i'll have the jack to do it. build the 34 into a race gun. i bought two non glocks in last 2 days, ar15 and smith41 so there went the race gun budget. i'd like to improve my accuracey since i'm way fast enough already. shoot in the 90s all the time and dip into the 80s and 70s on a good day. and again like i said above to continue to have fun and enjoy getting together with the other shooters.

edit: typos fixed and this, i plan to attend the following
    orlando, maybe
    statesville
    anderson maybe
    richmond
    indy
    marietta
    vermont
    fulton ny maybe
    brighton
    conyers
    lexington
    topton

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Vickie and I plan to start practicing at least once a week beginning January. I hope to shoot the following matches:

Anderson, SC
    Statesville, NC
    Richmond, VA
    Waldorf, MD
    Conyers, GA
    Lexington, KY

I am already contracted for 11 weeks of drumming with the theater, so Jackson, NJ, Marietta, OH and Topton, PA are out (again).

I expect to finally break 100 in 2006. I will be representing AmeriGlo Sights in both GSSF and local IDPA matches.

5. Glockrunner

Glockrunner HOOYA DEEPSEA

All I want is to get rid of the 'jerk' behind my trigger.

My scores would improve greatly.

Is that too much to ask??????

Mrs G-R (aka Pat)

6. Terminator

Terminator

I intend to make more matches this year including Lexington, Marietta, Richmond, Anderson, Statesville, Topton, Waldorf, Brighton, Fulton, Vermont, Long Island, San Antonio, Orlando, Conyers, and as many others as possible.

Im hoping to bring my scores into the 70's or 60's with my 17 and 26 :)

Have plenty of fun with my Pizza gun :cool: ;f "FireGlocks Pizzeria"

Keep seeing all of my friends and having all the good times that ive had this year with my GSSF family. ;c ;c ;c ;c

Shoot plenty of local IDPA matches and finally get to shoot some 3 gun competitions.

7. gallardo0311

gallardo0311

I've started working on my goals for next year doing alot off dry firing. working on the new starting position for gssf, trying to save some time on my first shot. Since I did not attend a match in 2005 the "new" starting position is new for me. I will also try and set up and shoot the glock m, five to glock, and paper plates for glock the plates at least twice a month. If there is anyone in the surronding area of Bakersfield Ca, who shoots at 5 dogs shooting range and would like to shoot the gssfs stages for pratice, let me know.

another goal is to attend ALL the gssf matches in california for 2006. I am very hungry for a win in AM civ, AM comp.

I also have a couple of goals that have to do with uspsa, such as, dry firing 5 days a week doing a variety of steve andersons dry fire drills, and actually attend a uspsa match.

8. lm921

lm921 The Stampede

Stop changing ammo.
    Stop changing the gun.
    Work on trigger control.
    Bring my A game ;)

PS.forgot to add....Join BGSL :)

9. TimWarner

TimWarner Resident Goth

Finish my UL gun.

Sub 90 scores in AC/CD
    Sub 70 scores in UL

Consistant 15 sec plate runs in UL.

Keep my practice around 1000 rounds per month, for this winter, 1500-2000.

10. gallardo0311

gallardo0311

one important, and perhaps the most important goal I forgot to list is that I spend WAY too much time on my computer.
    I need to spend less time on the computer and more time practicing mag changes, draws, and dry firing.:cool:

11. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

I will probably shoot, Indy, Marietta, Brighton and Lexington. Maybe, I could take a vacation to Columbus, Georgia and shoot at Ft. Benning. I plan to break 100 in Am. Civ. or some category. I plan to hit between 490-500 in the Indoor Matches I shoot at New Alany Shooting Range and Blackwing Shooting Center. I also plan to make Expert in my Bullseye League. And above all, with shooting, I plan to still have much fun, fun, fun and more fun!;a ;a ;a ;f

12. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Goals....HMMMM
    1)One more operation so I can run the 100 in 10.0 2) Lose 30 pounds so I can run the 100 in 10.0 ( notice I did not quantify the distance nor the time). 3)Attend 8-9 matches in 2006 and shoot (5) categories at each match 4) My personal best this year was a 91.xx, last year was a 117.xx....I would like to see an 85.xx and no score over a 106.xx.

The most important goal for 2006 would be to meet each and everyone of you and spend some quality time....I was able for the first time in Lexington to attend the dinner afterwards and to say the least it was memorable. ;f

13. onemangang

onemangang

My goals are...
    1 - Stop getting stupid PROCEDURALS in IDPA!
    2 - Shoot more Steel Challenge matches.
    3 - Shoot some 3-Gun.
    4 - Shoot a few more GSSF and USPSA matches.
    5 - My main goal is to make SSP Expert by next Fall.
    I've only been shooting competitively since last January and I'm LOVING IT!