close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

shooting ducks seating and waiting

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by noway, Aug 5, 2003.

1. noway

noway

I have some questions for the ducks shooters.

I'm going to shoot ducks in early duck season and found out I will not be on land or in a blind but seating and waiting in 2ft-3ft of water on a lake edge.How do you guys sit and what do you sit on?

2. MuRDoC

MuRDoC

I got a stool, there are also special buckets with padded seats, when I sit on the bank I have a inflatable pad that straps on your waist so you can sit on it, I call it a butt pad

3. noway

noway

Do you have a specific brand name?

I tried so far ( in practice ) a camo stool and Ice cooler. Both decide to float away or where hard to keep down.

the next thing I have that might look kinda silly is a north point folding camo chair.

4. TriggerTripper

TriggerTripper

When it comes to the mud and water I like to keep it simple. I use a black 5 gallon bucket, put the open end down in the water and lean on it with enough body wieght so it sinks down an inch or two into in the mud. It will stay put and offer a good shooting position. To get a little lower in the water we use those square, black plastic boxes that the supermarkets recieve milk and 2 litter pops bottles in. Most grocery stores around here will give them away if just ask for one....
    I'm getting real excited for duck hunting. The only hunting where the game comes to me while I sit in my blind and sip on hot chocolate instead of me chasing it over several moutains

good luck,

5. noway

noway

Thanks for the suggestion. The plastic bottle crates sounds like a good idea.

I'm already thinking about getting 2-3 and tie-wrapping together if I need to be higher.