close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shooting at GSSF

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by texastim, Aug 4, 2003.

1. texastim

texastim

I am handicapped, and shoot well in an indoor range when I can lean forward on the booth. In the GSSF, would they allow me to shoot from a sitting position from a chair?

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Yes, but I'm not sure if they will let your hands rest on the tables. Men have shot from wheelchairs at GSSF matches. I'll ask and post the response.

Next outdoor Texas match is San Antonio, December 6-7.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

It's official, no problem shooting from a seated position if you are handicapped. If you need to rest your hands on a table, you will have to discuss that issue with the GSSF match Director (Chris Edwards, Scott Gilbertson or David Sevigny) at the match.

4. texastim

texastim

Thanks Danny. No need to rest hands, just butt. Thanks for help!

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Tezastim;
    Come on out and shoot whenever/whereever you can. I watched a gentleman at the Jacksonville, FL match last Jan. shooting from a chair and he held his own with the best of them. He was absolutely one of the best that was there competing. We would be pleased to have you join us anytime.

6. hapuna

hapuna Trusted Member

Wait a minute now!!!! Isn't that kind of like cheating? I've always thought the hardest part of GSSF competition was finding a good place to sit and this guy has his own and it rolls!!!! ;f

7. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

edited cause i just reread this thread and noticed that you are not in a wheelchair - just need to shoot from a chair

some of the matches have bays that might be hard for for you to get to

im especially thinking of statesville... but im sure others are the same way

i'd think gssf would want to know any special needs of any shooters that might be attending a match so that accomodations can be made -

in your case it might be possibly assigning one of the local people to help get the competitor to and from each stage - usually there is someone at statesville with a golf cart

another (perhaps the best) example of gssf accomodating handicapped shooters was the blind competitor that i read about in a gssf writeup several years ago

dont let a physical condition deter you from wanting to try this! it is far too much fun

of course if you bring along your own fan club / cheering section.... be sure to bring enough ammo so that they can shoot too

8. MFinch

MFinch Guest

Hope to see you in San Antonio in December. Look for the folks in the gray Team Sidearmor shirts.