close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shooting a stock glock

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by mike g35, Aug 5, 2011.

1. mike g35

mike g35

Okay, okay you guys all know I haven't put up a new thread for a while one reason is instead of asking questions about the game and it's rules I actually read them. Another reason is I kept having guys tell me to shoot a stock glock and being the racegun freak I am I kinda took offense to that. But I have been shooting my "stock" G17 and nothing else (until today) for about a week and a half ,every other day, and I have learned I was wrong. I still love my raceguns but the G17 with no bells and whistles has taught me more about how I shoot and helped me to improve those imperfections in my shooting alot more than my racegun could. And now that I am shooting pretty well with the stock G17 I see alot of what was said to me was correct. Sorry for all the attitude guys thanks for your help. I'm not laying my raceguns down by any means but I am concentrating more on my stock glock and becoming a better shooter for it. :supergrin: (Gen4 G17 w/ dawson precision sights and trigger job)

2. Cruiser1

Cruiser1 Still Alive

I don't know what to say except: Welcome back from the dark side.

3. MajorD

MajorD

shoot some gssf matches with the stock glock(you can shoot your racegun as well in unlimited if you want) and you will see if you get really really good (like top master class good) there will be little difference in your times with a basic gun. I have noticed but a few seconds if any seperate the top non race gun score from the top unlimited score

4. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Your own A-ha! moment.

5. mike g35

mike g35

Yep, I am using three dots just like I heard you did Bama and I am shooting more accurately at 25 yards than I ever have before. I still love my raceguns but my stock glock:supergrin: gets more trigger time.

6. pochis

pochis

oh Bama you have such a way with words:wavey:

7. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

I notice that you list a 442 as your SD gun. While I have one, it is a backup for work and a pocket gun for carry. Most of time, I am carrying a Glock of some sort, usually a 26, a 27, or a 36 when I am off and a 22 when I am at work.

I have a race gun, but use the stock gun for all of my shooting because if I am in a SD situation, my SD guns are set up close to my comp guns and I feel any trigger time with them is beneficial.

8. bruzer

bruzer

I am no expert but I also practice with the Tommy THEIS holster I wear. I learned real quick that the speed holster I used in practice did not help me out when I had to lift and pull my T-shirt and actually draw from my concealment holster.
    Mike