Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be leaving in about 20 minutes to shoot several hundred rounds through my Glock 36 and my Glock 19. :woohoo:

I am still waiting for my first malfuntion in any of my Glocks. My shooting partner and I have never experienced a single problem with our Glocks which includes the G-21, G-36, G-19, G27, G-17.

How many failure to feeds, stove pipes, or "Kabooms" have you guys had with your Glocks?

Please elaborate and give details and solutions to the problems if you have them.

·
Registered
13,416 Posts
too many to count, none except for the ones where the brass hits the C More, 2

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've only had one experence with my old 22. After shooting at the range once, upon returning home I discovered the captured recoil rod broke. Didnt affect the function of the pistol. I called Glock and told them it was my duty weapon and they overnighted me a new one. They said there was a recall on the old one. Never had another problem.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My 19C and 21C combined have over 2000 rounds. Not one failure of any kind.

glocks have a good reputation to being reliable. that's what i've always heard.

enjoy!!!

·
GLOCK 20SF 10MM
639 Posts
I've had Glocks since they first arrived on our shores, and I've had and shot all models except for the G25, G28, (I've shot a G18, but did not have one) & have only had a 3 faliure string with a early production G19 that refused to feed ONLY Remington +p+ LE ammo. I just did not give it anymore Rem +p+ LE ammo and it never had any others problems.

·
Vanishing Point
58 Posts
Once apon a time my G30's take-down lever spring broke.....just popped another in.

I did have a jam with the same gun once, a little FTF (I can't remember exactly what happened), but I do think that it was my fault.

Other than that, great! And yes, even though that happened, I completely trust the gun to do it's thing...I have a 27 that I bought over a year ago, and right out of the box until now it has never had a problem. Same with my new 19, but I haven't shot it enough to judge. But right out of the box, it's a shooter, man!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got back from shooting and need to take a shower. It's a bit hot here right now but my shooting partner and I had a great time.

I shot a little less than 200 rounds which is about 200 rounds less then I intended but my shooting partner had to stop early to attend a family function.

Another day without a single malfunction. I shot a box of 50 Wolf ammo through my 36 and then I shot a box of Blazer Brass both in 230 FMG grain with no problems. It was so smooth and pleasent to shoot that I really wish we would have had a little more time

We set up some Skeet shooting clays on a sandy bank after we did our silhouette drills with our big bore pistols and blew them to smithereens with our 9mm's. It was a lot of fun.

What burned me up was that some other shooters who were there before we were left a huge mess. There were beer bottles broken and otherwise. Trash and brass everywhere. It's Bozo types like this who ruin it for everyone. They give ammunition for anti-gunners and politicians to shut down whole areas for shooting. I thought about writing an editorial in our local newspaper to get these buffoons attention and get these types to be more thoughtful but then I realized they probably were not smart enough to read a newspaper anyway and I would just be "preaching to the Choir".

When we left we not only cleaned up our trash but packed out some of theirs as well.

I had to gripe and let off a little STEAM! :steamed:

But I have to say that I am now approaching if I haven't already hit 3,000 rounds throught my Glocks without a glitch.

I don't want another pistol unless it's a Glock model or Caliber I don't already have.

Now that I think about it I would like to have another 36 strapped to my left side. Matching pistols in matching Galco holsters would be a good fashion statement if it wasn't for the fact that they are for concealed carry. :supergrin:

Have a nice Sunday!:wavey:

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
How many failure to feeds, stove pipes, or "Kabooms" have you guys had with your Glocks?

Please elaborate and give details and solutions to the problems if you have them.
G17, 19, 21, 22, 26, 29, 31(2), 32, 34, 38. Untold thousands of rounds, 0 malfunctions. Sorry, I can't help. :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts