Glock Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to go shooting with the Taurus TX22 yesterday, thought to myself 'lets see how this baby does with those notoriously unreliable Remington Golden Bullets'. So I opened up the Bucket of Bullets I had and here's the first 30 rounds at 21' away...

Watch Bottle Fluid Gesture Liquid

Not bad for an old guy with severe astigmatism. I was using the TX22 Recoil Spring Washer and a Rear Blackout Sight

I burned through 300 rounds of Golden Bullets and the TX22 fired each and every one of them. I was expecting all sorts of trouble with this bulk ammo but was really shocked to see this gun run like a garbage disposal, it fired them all. No dud misfires at all, I couldn't believe it! The only problem I had were hangups with two rounds early on, looks like they nosedived and hit the front of the magazine. After dropping the mag and repositioning them correctly, both rounds fired. Not sure if it was a loading issue or due to the semi-waxy factory coating on the rounds. It happened on the third rounds in both the second and third mags, the following 17 mags of ammo ran just fine, absolutely no issues whatsoever.

20 mags with 15 rounds ea = 300 rounds. Two nosedived, so what's that, a 99.34% success rate? With Remington Golden Bullets? I'm shocked.

Nosedive into front of mag (happened twice) -
Finger Bumper Vehicle door Wood Automotive exterior

Fluid Wood Gas Tints and shades Bumper

Don't know why that front edge of the magazine is so high up, if it was filed down or angled, it seems the round would have hit the feed ramp and gone up and in, rather than getting caught on there.

Still, a good time at the range yesterday.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Decided to go shooting with the Taurus TX22 yesterday, thought to myself 'lets see how this baby does with those notoriously unreliable Remington Golden Bullets'. So I opened up the Bucket of Bullets I had and here's the first 30 rounds at 21' away...

View attachment 1114561

Not bad for an old guy with severe astigmatism. I was using the TX22 Recoil Spring Washer and a Rear Blackout Sight

I burned through 300 rounds of Golden Bullets and the TX22 fired each and every one of them. I was expecting all sorts of trouble with this bulk ammo but was really shocked to see this gun run like a garbage disposal, it fired them all. No dud misfires at all, I couldn't believe it! The only problem I had were hangups with two rounds early on, looks like they nosedived and hit the front of the magazine. After dropping the mag and repositioning them correctly, both rounds fired. Not sure if it was a loading issue or due to the semi-waxy factory coating on the rounds. It happened on the third rounds in both the second and third mags, the following 17 mags of ammo ran just fine, absolutely no issues whatsoever.

20 mags with 15 rounds ea = 300 rounds. Two nosedived, so what's that, a 99.34% success rate? With Remington Golden Bullets? I'm shocked.

View attachment 1114571

View attachment 1114563

Don't know why that front edge of the magazine is so high up, if it was filed down or angled, it seems the round would have hit the feed ramp and gone up and in, rather than getting caught on there.

View attachment 1114561

View attachment 1114571

View attachment 1114563

i've shot more than a few bucket o bullets. had pretty good luck with them in all my 22s.

·
Premium Member
13,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That happens when the slide short strokes. The last round it fired before the jam, was probably too weak. It just had enough power to eject, but not enough to drive the slide all the way to the back.
That makes perfect sense as I noticed the Remington Golden Bullets were softer shooting then the Winchester M22 or Aguila that I usually run.... so we can blame those two nose diving rounds on the ammo and not the gun or magazines.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Two known issues with the TX22 that keep me from buying one. Barrels that look like they rifled them using a rat-tail file and slides that are known to crack at the front recoil spring pocket. The slide cracks aren't as prevalent as the bad barrels but I won't take a chance with either. Don't believe me, just go to the Taurus form and search for yourself. Last report of a bad barrel had Taurus send a replacement that was worse than the first, and they said it was inspected by their Gunsmith before shipping. When that one was reported, Taurus wanted them to send the gun in for inspection. Haaaaa, NO!

·
Bitter American
1,781 Posts

View attachment 1114561

View attachment 1114571

View attachment 1114563

I love my TX. Just recently dug out an old brick of the cheapo golden bullets and had zero problems. From a sandbag rest at 15 yards I was keeping 10 shots in a quarter size circle. I know it's not a "bullseye" type pistol but for my old eyes that's not too terrible.

·
Just lack finishing up
5,827 Posts
Two known issues with the TX22 that keep me from buying one. Barrels that look like they rifled them using a rat-tail file and slides that are known to crack at the front recoil spring pocket. The slide cracks aren't as prevalent as the bad barrels but I won't take a chance with either. Don't believe me, just go to the Taurus form and search for yourself. Last report of a bad barrel had Taurus send a replacement that was worse than the first, and they said it was inspected by their Gunsmith before shipping. When that one was reported, Taurus wanted them to send the gun in for inspection. Haaaaa, NO!
Thanks for sharing your third hand experience.

·
Registered
9,418 Posts
Shot my G44 today. Fired fifty rounds from 20 yards, including 10 Velocitors. Took it home and wiped it off a little and discovered this scoring on left side of trigger:
Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Synthetic rubber

Kind of tattle-tales the low-left tendency, yes?
Scored 470 15X on D-1 target. Haven't fired it since February, and got a couple 98's, but just couldn't get a hundred on any string. Back to practicing!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Shot my G44 today. Fired fifty rounds from 20 yards, including 10 Velocitors. Took it home and wiped it off a little and discovered this scoring on left side of trigger: View attachment 1114720
Kind of tattle-tales the low-left tendency, yes?
Scored 470 15X on D-1 target. Haven't fired it since February, and got a couple 98's, but just couldn't get a hundred on any string. Back to practicing!
Shoot repeat shoot repeat and shoot again.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
The bad barrels were early in production and has been resolved.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Never had any problems with Remington Goldens... not a one. I use them all the time in my AACK Glock 26 unit.
My TX22 eats them up all day long too. I haven't had any issues with GB from it.
There are always variations from lot to lot. I think he got a bad lot. Or maybe it is just because its a Taurus gun, if that makes everyone happy.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
There are always variations from lot to lot. I think he got a bad lot. Or maybe it is just because its a Taurus gun, if that makes everyone happy.
Who got a bad lot? This thread is basically pro Golden Bullet ! OP said he had two nose dive and not feed out of 300 rounds. That doesn't seem like a bad lot to me. Actually pretty good for cheap, bulk rim-fire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got my hands on a bucket of bullets in the middle of the pandemic and went through it in record time. I had no problem with them.

On a side note, I have a TX22 and a TX22 Competition and have thousands of rounds through both with no issues whatsoever. I’ve only gotten selective about what ammo I shoot since I put a comp on the Competition. Lead nose fouls the comp up quickly. 40gr Aguila Super Extra has become my ammo of choice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts