Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to ask what are these compartments for? to protect against falling out of the gun shells, but do they also protect ears against shock waves? I was wearing good muffears
Wood Yellow Floor Flooring Hardwood

35db 3m peltron but my friend and I stood closer to the place where there were no walls of the bulkhead (see the picture marked, we went 15 meters closer, basicaly outside) when my friend shot 9mm Cz Shadow 2 I was standing next to him, it was buzzing in my ear. I guess you shouldn't be standing next to the shooter if there is no wall to stop the waves? is it safe to stand next to it without a wall?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yeah, they look like just brass deflectors. Where I go they have bullet resistant dividers. And good thing too because occasionally you will see a new bullet impact from someone's ND. I guess they should block concussion blast from the next lane and make it quieter in theory too. But it doesn't work in reality because people just push those 3 holed side vent comps on their 7" ARs right past the wall and toss all the blast into the neighboring lanes instead of self absorbing their own obnoxiousness. I figure they must really just need that extra 2ft to get hits on paper at that 10y target. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
12,138 Posts
Always wear good full coverage ear muffs especially when somebody comes in with an AR or AKM.
When I'm shooting indoors and someone comes in with an AK or AR, they always somehow get the lane next to me, even when the rest of the range is completely empty. Usually it's two guys, laughing it up like a couple of teenaged schoolgirls over the loud noise they can make. Braindead idiots.

Take that $#!t to an outdoor range already.

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Two fold...
1- Keeps neighbor form getting beaned with brass (note dings in plexiglass)
2- Deflects concussion

On the latter, next time you are at a range go find an empty lane next to someone with a rifle
Stand in the empty lane in a position where the "wall" is between you and their muzzle, note the blast
Then move just enough forward so that you can see their muzzle past the "wall", note the blast
You will notice a significant difference in the concussion, the better the "wall" the more it will deflect

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
When I'm shooting indoors and someone comes in with an AK or AR, they always somehow get the lane next to me, even when the rest of the range is completely empty. Usually it's two guys, laughing it up like a couple of teenaged schoolgirls over the loud noise they can make. Braindead idiots.

And usually they stand with their fat belly touching the shelf so the end of their muzzle is far into the lane and the only way for you to escape the blast is to take a step or two back. Rifle shooters with decent etiquette stand back a step from the bench so their muzzle isn't nuking those on either side. One of the many reasons I try to avoid public ranges unless absolutely necessary.

Story time...
Several years ago I was teaching a neighbors daughter to shoot before she headed off to college. Her time was limited so I was stuck using an indoor range and it was packed with every lane full. Well we had some doofus next to us with his AR and one of those "echo" type triggers trying to get it to run. After the third magazine I asked if he would please take a step back into his lane so he didn't keep nuking us with his muzzle.

He and his buddies just kind of blew us off and kept at it.

I told the young lady I was with to step back to the tables and just keep an eye on our stuff. I went out to my truck and pulled my AMD-65 out of the locker and a few magazines. I walk back in and set the case on the floor as these guys kept blasting away whooping it up. I again asked nicely if they would just take one step back while shooting... and got the same response.

If you are not familiar with the AMD-65 it has 12" barrel and a brake that many refer to as...
"The loudener" :devilish:

I pulled the ole gal out of the case and set it on the shelf along with several magazines, rocked one in, charged it and waited. As soon as they started on their next magazine I leaned as far forward as I could and let loose with a full 30 round burst (its select fire), dumped the magazine, rocked in another and let another 30 go. I set it down on the shelf and stepped back to the tables and enjoyed the looks on their faces.

Needless to say they packed up and left with their ears ringing and faces peppered :giggle:
Of course soon half the shooters in that bay came over asking "WTF were you shooting?"

AMD-65... for when you absolutely just have to piss off everyone at the indoor range

·
Registered
2,652 Posts

An hour at any public range is enough to make you question the wisdom of the Second Amendment.

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
The range I go to has partitions that are more substantial. They also have a carrier for the targets so you don’t have to go down range to retrieve your target.
If you want to shoot a rifle or shotgun you have to upgrade to a private suite (picture below). I also spring for a private suite when I take my grandkids shooting.
If I were you, I think I would look around for a better range.

Joint Shoulder Fixture Interior design Door

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
And usually they stand with their fat belly touching the shelf so the end of their muzzle is far into the lane and the only way for you to escape the blast is to take a step or two back. Rifle shooters with decent etiquette stand back a step from the bench so their muzzle isn't nuking those on either side. One of the many reasons I try to avoid public ranges unless absolutely necessary.

Story time...
Several years ago I was teaching a neighbors daughter to shoot before she headed off to college. Her time was limited so I was stuck using an indoor range and it was packed with every lane full. Well we had some doofus next to us with his AR and one of those "echo" type triggers trying to get it to run. After the third magazine I asked if he would please take a step back into his lane so he didn't keep nuking us.

I told the young lady I was with to step back to the tables and just keep an eye on our stuff. I went out to my truck and pulled my AMD-65 out of the locker and a few magazines. I walk back in and set the case on the floor as these guys kept blasting away whooping it up. I again asked nicely if they would just take one step back while shooting... and got the same response.

If you are not familiar with the AMD-65 it has 12" barrel and a brake that many refer to as...

I pulled the ole gal out of the case and set it on the shelf along with several magazines, rocked one in, charged it and waited. As soon as they started on their next magazine I leaned as far forward as I could and let loose with a full 30 round burst (its select fire), dumped the magazine, rocked in another and let another 30 go. I set it down on the shelf and stepped back to the tables and enjoyed the looks on their faces.

Needless to say they packed up and left with their ears ringing and faces peppered :giggle:
Of course soon half the shooters in that bay came over asking "WTF were you shooting?"

AMD-65... for when you absolutely just have to piss off everyone at the indoor range

That was a brilliant way to adjust their attitude! Well played, sir.
The Tactical Life Takedown AR with its Cookie Cutter muzzle brake is also annoying loud to anyone in the next lane. I made a point of having two empty lanes on ether side when I shot it.

·
finishes it...
4,596 Posts
if you're primarily concerned about the level of sound making it through hearing protectors simply double up with in ear protectors as well...

·
Premium Member
12,138 Posts
if you're primarily concerned about the level of sound making it through hearing protectors simply double up with in ear protectors as well...
It's the hard-hitting muzzle shockwave from a foot and a half away....about to give me cardiac arrythmia...

Now, back to my movie....ashamed to admit I'm even watching it...Jaws 2.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Story time...
Several years ago I was teaching a neighbors daughter to shoot before she headed off to college. Her time was limited so I was stuck using an indoor range and it was packed with every lane full. Well we had some doofus next to us with his AR and one of those "echo" type triggers trying to get it to run. After the third magazine I asked if he would please take a step back into his lane so he didn't keep nuking us.

Hahaha nice story 😄 thanks for sharing. People just have no respect to one and another those days 😅

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
It's the hard-hitting muzzle shockwave from a foot and a half away....about to give me cardiac arrythmia...

Now, back to my movie....ashamed to admit I'm even watching it...Jaws 2.
Meh...The original Jaws was a really great movie. Jaws 2 was ok, not bad anyway. Just glad you didn't say 3 or 4. Sweet Jesus those are some of the worst things ever put on film.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts