Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through a Glock Store Magazine and ran across The Shock Buffer for Glocks.
I was wondering if anyone had tried these things and if they seemed to do any good.
I tried the same thing on a 1911, and could not feel any difference.
The other thing is if it would help with the slide to Frame battering?
I have not seen any signs of frame battering.
Would they mainly just be another way to transfer money from my pocket to the seller?

Reactions: janice6

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That has been my thinking about them, just like the one's for 1911s.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Not necessary for a Glock. I tried a Wilson unit back in the day on a 1911 and all it did was shock me with all the malfunctions. Something about a fool and their money....

·
MacGyver
8,230 Posts
Shock buffers are great for lining the pockets of those "gun accessory" sellers-- not needed for any gun. Also a great way to stand out during tactical schools...as you are "that Guy" addressing your malfunctions.

Think of it this way: your Glock costs $250-550, it will last over 100,000 rounds of ammo (longer than your TV or cell phone): do the math on ammo costs. Do you really need to worry about the frame?

·
MacGyver
8,230 Posts
I use the Wilson brand in my gen 3 Glocks without any issues, but understand reasons why most don't use them. Reason I do is I've experienced frame cracks.
On a Glock? From Shooting? I call major BullS.

BTW Glock will replace your "honestly" shot out frame for free.

·
Registered
45,279 Posts
I was surprised to find my 22S needed them. They get beat to crap after a few hundred rounds. Did run one for 600 rounds during one range session though. Damn near nothing left of it afterwards.

·
I'm not retired
7,873 Posts
Would they mainly just be another way to transfer money from my pocket to the seller?
Depends on how you feel about getting rid of as much recoil 'clanking' as possible (aka slide bottoming into the frame) without having to reduce your loads. I'm more critical of that than I am the frame actually being hurt. The softer you can get the slide to hit the frame, while still having good ejection, the faster you can shoot, accurately. For the price, it's worth at least a try.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts