GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ba-nan-nah-nuh
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll let the article stand by itself........

Santa Clara Sheriff’s Officials, Apple Security Chief Indicted in Alleged CCW Bribe
Ammoland Inc. Posted on November 25, 2020 by Dave Workman

A Santa Clara County grand jury has indicted two sheriff's office officials, Apple's security chief and a private business owner in an alleged bribery scheme relating to concealed carry licenses. iStock-1055138108
SOMETHING here on GLOCTALK says the article is "inappropriate and will not allow it to post".

Is GT protecting the corrupt Santa Clara Sheriff?
California?
Newsom?
Apple?
iPADS?
Has GT aligned itself with the dark side?

I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON HERE ...... NEW RULES?

Let's see if I'm allowed to post the link at least.
Something stinks here!

LINK HERE.

·
Registered
27,823 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just a WAG........ The software here may not allow links to competing websites. ..... This is an issue that has come up on a couple of automotive sites that I am on.

·
Registered
8,783 Posts

·
Registered
27,823 Posts
I’m waiting see if they are going to go after the sheriff too.
The sheriff and undersheriff are both called as witnesses in an ongoing investigation, and both invoke their privilege not to answer questions, and then the undersheriff is indicted shortly thereafter? No bets one way or the other.

Sheriff Laurie Smith and Undersheriff Rick Sung declined to answer when they appeared as witnesses for an inquest into a political contribution and concealed weapons permits issued to members of Facebook’s contract security team.
https://morganhilltimes.com/sheriff-pleads-the-fifth-in-ccw-testimony/

It appears the undersheriff was a relatively recent appointment in the middle of 2018.
https://patch.com/california/saratoga/rick-sung-promoted-undersheriff

If the attorney another article reported is representing the undersheriff is the attorney I'm thinking of, he's an outstanding and highly successful attorney.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a...fice-indicted-for-alleged-bribery/ar-BB1bi1zD

Probably not the last surprise in store in this year-plus case being run by the DA.

·
Registered
31,036 Posts
The reason why they didn't want the post here is it belongs in coptalk where there is a thread going.

At this point I would be okay with it here.

Funny thing is in know people at Santa Clara SO and Apple Investigations. The Apple portion was a surprise but not the SO. Laurie Smith is going to go down. This has been a slow motion train wreck in the making. Like Carona, Dunn, and Baca. They are going to spend retirement in prison.

·
Values. Can't be bought.
11,319 Posts
I can read the first link

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/11/sa...security-chief-indicted-in-alleged-ccw-bribe/

but not the second link

http://utm_source=ammoland+subscrib...il&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-97b396b792-21265025/

I'll let the article stand by itself........

Santa Clara Sheriff’s Officials, Apple Security Chief Indicted in Alleged CCW Bribe
Ammoland Inc. Posted on November 25, 2020 by Dave Workman

A Santa Clara County grand jury has indicted two sheriff's office officials, Apple's security chief and a private business owner in an alleged bribery scheme relating to concealed carry licenses. iStock-1055138108
SOMETHING here on GLOCTALK says the article is "inappropriate and will not allow it to post".

Is GT protecting the corrupt Santa Clara Sheriff?
California?
Newsom?
Apple?
iPADS?
Has GT aligned itself with the dark side?

I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON HERE ...... NEW RULES?

Let's see if I'm allowed to post the link at least.
Something stinks here!

LINK HERE.

·
Ba-nan-nah-nuh
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How'd you find the second link? I know that that is MY inbox from Ammoland. It flat got denied and the part about saying the rest of the article was inappropriate is mysterious.

I could post the pix and the header under the pix and I hoped the link would fly - but anything after the pix was not allowed.

<mystified>

·
Values. Can't be bought.
11,319 Posts
How'd you find the second link? I know that that is MY inbox from Ammoland. It flat got denied and the part about saying the rest of the article was inappropriate is mysterious.

I could post the pix and the header under the pix and I hoped the link would fly - but anything after the pix was not allowed.

<mystified>
If this answers your question, from the original post, all I know is:

Here is (a picture of) the first hyperlink

upload_2020-11-26_20-45-28.png

Here is (a picture of) the second hyperlink, and that URL is where it took me.

upload_2020-11-26_20-46-30.png

·
Ba-nan-nah-nuh
3,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If this answers your question, from the original post, all I know is:

Here is the first hyperlink

View attachment 875164

Here is the second hyperlink, and that URL is where it took me.

View attachment 875166
Non of those links are hot. Hovering over them does nothing - but that might be from quoting them back at me. I dunnow.

Perhaps the GT Censors are aworking here - huh?

·
Values. Can't be bought.
11,319 Posts
Non of those links are hot. Hovering over them does nothing - but that might be from quoting them back at me. I dunnow.

Perhaps the GT Censors are aworking here - huh?
They are photo snips of the links for identification. You can click on the links in the original post.
ETA, I will edit my post to indicate that .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts