Shipping timeline for handgun awards

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by STIshooter, Nov 10, 2005.

1. STIshooter

STIshooter

Looking for advice before calling GSSF....

I've submitted a firearm award certificate and Glock has charged the upgrade fee to my credit card 14 days ago....no delivery yet.

Do they normally charge the fee long before shipping, or wait until ready to ship like most other companies?

Thanks,
    STIshooter

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

It would be best to speak with Donna Bouchard at GSSF. I would guess that GSSF charges a card when they process an order and forward it to shipping. If the pistol is in stock, it gets shipped pretty quickly. If not in stock, it might take up to 8 weeks to receive what you want from Austria.

3. IMPALA SS

IMPALA SS

My upgrade gun was delivered about 3 weeks after they cashed my check. It can take up to 8 weeks depending on the gun. It is best not to call until after 8 weeks. I heard they are extreamly swamped during the shooting season.

4. FotoTomas

FotoTomas Pure Polymer

What they said! :)

The good news is the check or card is deposited when GSSF processes the award in their offices. Mine was not charged for a month and I found out that GSSF never got it. Had to go back to the FFL and make some calls.

After that I had to start the wait ALL OVER AGAIN! :soap:

Not GSSF's fault however, just my ex FFL's mistake.

5. STIshooter

STIshooter

Great feedback! Just what I expected....didn't want to hassle the good folks at GSSF because I know they're working hard.

....just didn't want to be sitting back blissfully waiting 8 weeks to find later that it had shipped when charged and got stolen during shipping or put on the sales floor at the FFL....

Thanks ya'll
    STIshooter

6. STIshooter

STIshooter

Update....just received all 3 in one shipment! And just in time too since my FFL dealer just lost his financier and will be closing shop this week.

Thanks go to all the great folks at GSSF....they run an outstanding show!

STIshooter