Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently it's not legal to send pistols by USPS. However, I note on Gunbroker that most of the pistol sellers I looked at say they will ship via USPS, particularly Priority.

So how do most people ship pistols?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
They are FFLs. They will ship via USPS to your FFL.
As a nonFFL, you can only ship long guns via FFL.

If you are going to ship a gun, use shipmygun.com. It will give you the best rate via UPS overnight. It's set up with most FFLs already in their database.

You need to make sure your buyer's FFL will accept from an individual. Some do not.
I usually ask my buyer to have their FFL either send me a copy of their FFL or give me the first part and last part of the number and I can go online and verify through ATF that the FFL is still active.

If the buyer won't give you an FFL and wants you to ship direct to them, that's illegal. Not sure how it is within the same state that have face to face laws, but different states require FFL transfer

·
Registered
606 Posts
Best to hook up with your LGS and have then ship it for you. Usually costs about $40.00, and saves you the hassle. Plus, there are many FFLs on the receiving end who'll only receive guns shipped from another FFL.

·
Lifetime NRA member
2,622 Posts
While I agree it was cheaper when I sent my G17 to a guy for trade and used my ffl.
But it was also USPS 2day and I dont trust the Florida USPS with a whole lot.
I felt more comfortable this way with this pistol.
All in all it was about $40 more with UPS overnight air.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.