close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shipping G19 to Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by idahoglock36, Feb 12, 2010.

1. idahoglock36

idahoglock36

Have an early G19 that needs to be sent to Glock for upgrades....Plus the pistol sticks or breaks the trigger pin on a regular basis. Called Glock no problem.

Packaged it up took it to the local UPS terminal filled out the paperwork, insure for $399 and the gal told me the only way it can ship is NEXT DAY AIR for $60. You got to be kidding! I ask if it could go 2nd day for $30 and she said no only next day air, or the manufacture can issue a call tag for it.

So has anyone else ran into this? Is there a cheaper way to ship back to Glock? What is the chance of Glock issuing a call tag for me? I would even pay it just to get their UPS discount.

I thought about just shipping ground later claiming CNC parts, but my freedom or hassle is not worth the $50 savings. I might get away with it on the sending end listing the company as GI, but on the receiving end everyone at UPS will know what is being shipped to GI, it is not like they are a small account.

Thanks

2. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

Yes, those are the rules now or you can find a friendly FFL to mail it. Check the locking block, if broken this can cause the trigger pin to break.

3. DougW

DougW Native Texan

Next Day Air is UPS and FedEx rules to reduce theft. I paid $78 when I sent an early un-upgraded G19 in for upgrade. Call it Cost of Ownership. It is a sweet pistol.

4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Use FedEx,......they allow "next day" service for firearms.
    And UPS had been the one with all the stolen firearms be employees.

5. idahoglock36

idahoglock36

Well you may call it the cost of ownership. But I see no benefit from shipping an a DR *** back to the factory for $60, for their upgrades, that may devalue gun. This was one of the first G19's into the country. Sweet shooter as it is I may just keep it original, deal with the trigger pin and not shoot it. I'm just pissed they (UPS not Glock) want so much to send it back...although it may make sense to keep it original and apply the $60 toward another later 2nd gen G19 that has been upgraded. The second gen G19's are the best shooters in my opinion.

6. idahoglock36

idahoglock36

Duck thanks....I'm going to pull it apart again and look at the locking block...could be the problem. Thanks again!

7. idahoglock36

idahoglock36

Just pulled it apart and the locking block is fine. It is the trigger assembly (trigger with trigger bar) that sits a little to the right that is binding the trigger pin, when aligned the pin comes out easily(it appears someone may have already tried the safety upgrades-don't know but it also has a + stamp on the other end of the trigger bar). Oh what to do with this old Glock? I may spend more replacing parts than just sending it to Glock......but UPS can kiss my butt. I think I may just shoot it till it shoots no more.

If anyone wants an early model 19 send me a PM.....It's not cheap but if your a collector here is your chance.

8. dallas77

dallas77

You could take it to a GSSF match they have people there working on guns.I don't know the terms but you may have to be a member which would be cheaper than shipping! Just an idea.

9. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

It was Fed-Ex that had the gun thieves. Back in '08 one of their employees stole 4 rifles and another stole 146 handguns. My 2 FFL's that I deal with, will not send anything through Fed-Ex anymore.

10. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

You do not have to be a member of GSSF for the free factory armorer service. 2010-2011 match schedule is at www.gssfonline.com

11. Taurus 617 CCW

Taurus 617 CCW

idahoglock36,

Do you live in norh Idaho or south? If you live near Post Falls, you can take it into Center Target Sports and ask for ED Santos the owner. They will gladly help you out. Great folks.

You can take your gun to a GSSF match but you do have to be a member for the armorer to work on it.

I am a Glock certified armorer so you can let me know if you are having trouble getting a factory part.

12. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

13. sel36

sel36

I ship all my guns thru The UPS Store. Handguns can go 2nd day air IIRC.

14. SCC

SCC just me

You do not have to be a member of GSSF for the free factory armorer service:whistling:

15. jdcsail

jdcsail

I sent an M&P back to smith and wesson, and they paid for Fedex shipping both ways! Still like glocks better though!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  16. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

Find a local Glock armorer. He will call in the serial number and Glock will ship him the parts.

17. G26ster

G26ster

Does that include free labor also? Does this apply outside the one year warranty period? Reason I ask that is, apparently the one year doesn't matter if you take your gun to Glock in GA based on many posts I've read. Thanks

18. Bello

Bello America/Italia

19. robotoid

robotoid

Search my old posts, I was in exactly the same position. It cheezes me to no end that Glock wants you to pay to send the gun back, and you can only do it (legally) Next Day Air. Then they ship it back 2nd Day. They could easily send out a call tag at the their shipping rate, which I'm sure is minimal, certainly not what Joe Public is getting charged by UPS and FedEx, but the cheep bassturds won't. Screw Glock CS!!! My next gun will be NOT be a Glock.