close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shipping firearm to myself in another state

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by nauidvr1, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nauidvr1

nauidvr1

I tried the search function for over 30 minutes, but that darn thing kept tossing out certain words I would use in the search.

I am traveling from the East Coast through Michigan and up to Canada, across Canada to the West Coast and re-entering the US in Washington state and then working my way back to the East Coast..

I want to carry to Michigan and then ship my firearm to myself in Washington state. How can I do this? Is there somewhere I can ship to "General Delivery" and have the box held a few days until I get there to pick it up? Or will I have to ship to an FFL to hold for me for pick up?

I have searched extensively on the internet and can't come up with a real answer. I do know that I am allowed to ship to myself, c/o another person at a given address, they hold the package until I get there to open it up. But I don't know anybody in Washington state. So any suggestions how I go about doing this?

2. djsung815

djsung815

shipping to an FFL to hold it for you to pick up would be the safest way, imo.

3. nauidvr1

nauidvr1

I asked my local FFL about that and he said most FFL's wouldn't do that. So, I'm kinda stumped. Just wanted to post on here and see if anyone had any experience with something similar.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  4. NCHeel

NCHeel

You could ship and have them hold it at the UPS/FedEx terminal for pick up. Could also contact a UPS Store in Wa. and tell them as little as possible about the contents of the package but that you need to pick something up that you shipped to yourself after leaving Canada. See if they can hold it for you.

5. nauidvr1

nauidvr1

That worries me a bit

6. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

It would worry the staff of the UPS store in Washington too. They would probably call Law Enforcement.

Make a reservation in a hotel at your destination. Ship the package to yourself and on the address state future guest. You can cancel the reservation on line a day before your arrival and then swing by and pick up the gun the next day. Or you could actually stay in the hotel and pick it up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.