close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Shipping a gun to california?

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by J.P., Apr 24, 2004.

1. J.P.

J.P. Intergalactic

If I'm shipping a pistol to an FFL (transfer for private sale)in California,do I have to worry about it being on the approved list?
    Where can I find this list?
    I would think that going through an FFL would absolve me of any legal matters but if it is something not Cali-approved the deal could go bad.
    I'm glad we don't have to worry about that where I live.

2. dwestfall

dwestfall Millennium Member

3. J.P.

J.P. Intergalactic

Thanks for the link.
    When I said 'private sale' i meant fourm member to forum member through an FFL.
    I didn't want the pistol to show up in california and then be on the unapproved list.
    Thanks again.

4. Thiokol

Thiokol

I posted an ad on the S&W forum for a revolver for sale and a fella from California offered to buy it. It was a 627 model of 1989, which is not on the approved list. I told him that I couldn't ship it to him even though he is an FFL holder. His response was that it could be shipped to him but that he was prohibited from reselling it. That sounded kind of fishy to me so I called the California DOJ and they confirmed what he told me.

Your circumstances might be different so I would suggest that you call the California DOJ to be sure.