close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ship date on Canon 20D ???

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by scowan007, Sep 19, 2004.

1. scowan007

scowan007 memberrific!!!

Anyone know?

I was comparing the Nikon D70 to the Canon Dig. Rebel. Was informed that a better comparison would be the Canon 10D. Saw that the 10D is being replace by the 8.2 MP 20D.

I'd like to know when its shipping. Pehaps I'll go that way, or maybe it'll push the price of the D70 down.

2. Glock Bob

Glock Bob Snack Attack!!!

I'm glad you decided on the 20D, I'm sure you'll be blown away. Right now, Dell only lists the 10D on the main digital camera page. However, here's a link to the 20D. It's $1499, which I assume is for the body only. The 10D is 10% off and I don't see any discount on the 20D. However, since you already have lenses, you should be good to go. The money you'll save over not having to buy new lenses should make up for the couple hundred the 20 is over the 10. Also, looking at the 20's Tech Specs, it's clear to see that it is superior to the 10 in many ways. The 10D is still a great camera, but the 20D should blow it out of the water.

3. scowan007

scowan007 memberrific!!!

YEEEEHAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!

Thanks for the help guys. My Canon D20 is on the way from Dell!
    They said they were backordered until 9/30, but I just checked my order page and it shipped yesterday.

I decided to it it from Dell because the mgr at the local Ritz (Ritz and Wolf are same co, right?) said their canon buyer said no D20s until beginning of the year - all pre-orders were sold out. Ordered from Dell because they said they were only back ordered 10 days. I figured what the heck, place the order and if it ain't there in 10 days, cancel. no harm no foul. Well, so far, I am pleasantly surprised. I just hope they shipped the right camera (knock wood)!!!

I got the pgk with the lens because its a lot faster than the one I've got on my EOS 10s now. And it comes with photoshop elements, not some proprietary software like nikon (which they charge $99 for anyway;Q ).

edited to add - PS - dpreports kicks major bootie

4. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Congratulations! It is high on my priority list. After you shoot it for a while, please post your impressions here. I am particularly interested in "press-to-fire" lag, and in the speed of auto-focus.
    You mean dpreview.com?

5. scowan007

scowan007 memberrific!!!

Doh! Yup, that's it. Guess I have dslreports on the brain 'cause I use it a lot.

6. DigitalPhotog

DigitalPhotog

we just got 4 in on thursday....they were already sold. I have been told there will be a good flow of them unlike the Mark II's. I definately will be getting on for my personal studio (along with the 70-200 is);)

7. hile

hile

Damn, I wish I had the money for one right now. Hell, I just repaired my tripod with epoxy rather than tossing it. I wouldn't get rid of it anyway; the damn thing weighs less than my standard load-out. Hard to find something good that is that light.