close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

shimano did good on repairs

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by noway, Jul 30, 2004.

1. noway

noway

I had a sratching problem developed with my shimano curado 201B baicast reel. I spent numerous trips to down towm Miami authorize shimano repair shop and paid $18.00 and some change and they still didn't fix the problem or correct it.

I call shimano out in Irvine Ca, and explain my problems , told them my reel was out of warranty but I did go thru your repair shop. They told me to send the reel and my receipt into them for the stuff I've paid for .

3 week laters, shimano sent what looks to be a fully recondition reel back.

not bad and light years ahead of what quantum ever did for me. The only problem I have with the repair centers, is they should be be fully educated on all lines of shimano equipment. The SE states Miami "Capt Harrys" is known for the saltwater repairs and outfitting but IMHO they know nothing on the smaller baitcasting reels and spinning tackle.

2. Dogbite

Dogbite DNT TREAD ON ME

That is good to hear--shimano makes some great reels^c

3. lonewolf28152

lonewolf28152

I have four Calcutta CTE-200GT reels I striper fish with. Two I bought at the local tackle store for full price and two I bought off of EBay new for much cheaper. When I got the ones from ebay I could tell thay were new but one of them was damaged during shipping. The box was crushed in. I took it to my local tackle store and the guy that works on reels there said he would take care of it. When I picked the reel up he said no charge, Shimano picked the cost up. I think I will buy more Shimano products.