Shi'ite group kidnaps US man

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by alexcc, Feb 6, 2010.

1. alexcc

alexcc

Not sure if HerrGlock or anyone has posted this but I haven't seen anything yet...

http://www.news24.com/Content/World.../06-02-2010-08-10/Shiite_group_kidnaps_US_man

Shi'ite group kidnaps US man

2010-02-06 20:10

Baghdad - A Shi'ite Islamist group on Saturday posted a video on the internet showing a man in US military uniform who has apparently been kidnapped in Iraq to be held as a hostage.

"I would like to express to all the members of my family, especially my wife, my children and my friends and to assure everybody that I'm being treated kindly and I'm in good health," said the man who did not give his name.

The video surfaced shortly after a US defence department statement said civilian contractor Issa T Salomi, 60, of El Cajon, California, had been missing since January 23 and a search had been launched to find him.

The man in the video is pictured against a black flag inscribed with the name of the League of the Righteous, a Shi'ite Islamist group which kidnapped British IT expert Peter Moore and his bodyguards in Baghdad in May 2007.

In the video he reads out the group's demands for the release of Iraqi prisoners and conviction of employees of US security firm Blackwater.

- AFP

2. deadday

deadday