Glock Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
anyone with a 43x and made a change to fit the Shielded Arms 15 round MAGAZINE and can share how it works and are there any problems? And of course if he is satisfied. Is there a video on how to make the change?
Thanks.

Automotive lighting Font Brand Audio equipment Advertising

· Registered
1,156 Posts
Have the first Gen mags in my 43X and they’ve not had any problems. To be fair I don’t carry the 43X much - I tend to carry a G26 or normal 43 more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2,798 Posts
my EDC - 43X MOS, HS507K on a C&H plate, smooth face trigger, mid weight striker spring, $0.25 trigger job and Shield 3 mag and steel mag release combo.

quite counting after 5000 flawless rounds, mostly European manufactured 124 gr. ball, hand loads and a couple different defense loads (currently stoked with Federal Punch 124 gr. JHP).

when I first assembled my EDC package I did a "burn down", 500 rounds hot, fast and dirty in two days, once it made it thru that without a hick up I figured making it thru the 45 rounds I carry with it cleaned and properly lube wasn't gonna be a problem.

Reactions: bigoldbuck

· Registered
3,618 Posts
No problems with my Gen 1 Shield mags and steel mag catch in my 48.

I'd use the search feature and try and find the other threads as well, there's probably a dozen or more.

YMMV, get one and the mag catch and try it out.

· Registered
1,118 Posts
Before the “use the search feature” response….
I have a 43x and a 48 with the Shield mag release and Shield mags. I haven’t had any issues so far.
Same with me. Over 3k down the 43X over 2k was with 4 Shield Arms 2nd gen magazines. Make sure to change out the mag release with a metal SA mag release (not the AL version). Test it out as others have had issues. Seems very much dependent upon your specific gun.

· Registered
2 Posts
43x with shield mag release and one gen 2 s15 mag - no malfunctions with 115g ball and federal 9bple. However, I am only 61 rounds in to vetting the set up. I have 250 more rounds set aside to work thru this week. If all goes well then I won’t be worrying about it and will stock up on the s15 mags. So far so good tho!

· Registered
4 Posts
New member and first time Glock owner. Shield magazines are the reason I brought a new 43X MOS. I had a interesting to me experience with the magazines.

I purchased seven Gen 2 magazines and the steel magazine release. Out of the package six of the magazines would not eject and fall freely to the ground. After some discussion with the company I cleaned the magazines using paint thinner and removed a dark brown coating (grease or rust preservative?) from the exterior of all of them. I followed up with a very light coat (one or two drops) of oil on each side. I rubbed it in until the surface was shiney. I also lightly oil the inside of the grip frame. The result is the empty magazines literally shoot out of the gun when I eject them.

I have tested them by leaving them fully loaded for several weeks and they did not expand or give me any ejection problems. They also all function fine at the range. The only thing I don’t like about the magazines is their cost but I really like the added ammunition capacity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts