Glock Talk banner

Shield Plus Owners…need you here

4202 Views 51 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  DoctorStrange
GTers,
I own a classic hellcat (no OSP, not pro, no RDP). Its a nice carry gun, but I rarely carry it because it is kind of too small.
Recently, my LGS had all of the line up in that market: 365, hellcat, 43x, and Shield plus. The lady behind the counter was patient and let me compare all of them to all of the rest of them, multiple times. I really liked the shield plus in how it felt, the grippy texture, and that it was slightly larger than its competitors.

So for you shield plus owners - how has it been? Issues? Long term dislikes? Any performance center 4inch owners?
Reactions: n2g
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I own two shield +'s, and I had two first gens.
I love my new shield +'s!
Get the bug out bag version. Nite sites, optic cut, five magazines, bag, and first aid kit for around $500 after the $50 rebate.
Also, smkw sells 13 round mags for $25.
View attachment 1059508
Thats a lot of holster for a little gun. Lol.

· ULTRA MAGA
5,966 Posts
I shot mine for the first time on Thursday, and I loved it. Went bang every time, accurate. But, I did have the slide not lock back on several mags, and when I inserted the 13 round mag, the slide came forward on its on, kinda like the old M&P’s.

· Georgia gal
3,890 Posts
My Shield 2.0 and now the Shield Plus are probably my favorite handguns. I've had no problems with any of them so far. I've also given a Shield Plus to my oldest grandson and have bought a couple more Pluses to give to other grands when they turn 21 soon. So I like them a lot! I buy the version with the optional little thumb safety but they come without one, too.

I don't have a 365 or Hellcat so I can't compare them to those, but supposedly those are a little snappier and slightly smaller. The Shield's recoil doesn't bother me and I'm a woman with weaker hands.

There's a $50 S&W rebate on the Shields and Shield Plus through about the middle of May. My rebate arrived very quickly.

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like mine so far. It carries a bit awkward with the optic...may remove it.
Shoots very well.
If you remove an optic….consider xs big dots for carry. Fast to acquire, easy to see, and they don’t suffer from electronic malfunction or fog/rain issues like open dots.
Glad to hear it shoots well.

· ULTRA MAGA
5,966 Posts
Could be your grip. Happens to me sometimes on my G17.5.
Possible, but I have 3 other Shields, and have never had this issue. I will focus on the possibility that I’m holding the slide lock down. However, with the slide coming forward when I insert a mag, I am suspicious of the slide lock.

· Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

it seemed initially that there could potentially be an accuracy issue, but towards the end of the video, he starts knocking the plates around pretty well.

Any “+” owners experience any mechanical accuracy issues?

· Registered
800 Posts
Possible, but I have 3 other Shields, and have never had this issue. I will focus on the possibility that I’m holding the slide lock down. However, with the slide coming forward when I insert a mag, I am suspicious of the slide lock.
Are we talking about slamming the magazine in?

Because I actually expect that and am quite disappointed when it doesn't on certain pistols.

Nope. The one I have appears to be very accurate.

Any accuracy issues are my own.

· Registered
3,320 Posts
No accuracy problems. For me it is super easy to make hits where I want them to go, especially with the redesigned trigger. The optic, as much of a pain as it is (literally) crammed into my waistband, makes it even easier. I felt about on par with my G17, maybe even better.

· Premium Member
2,287 Posts

it seemed initially that there could potentially be an accuracy issue, but towards the end of the video, he starts knocking the plates around pretty well.

My Shield + is a combat hold which I hate, it's not like my G19 or my SAxd. Other than that it shoots fine.No issues.

· Registered
15,629 Posts
I bought a Shield Plus and carried regularly over some of my bigger and smaller carry guns. Very nice shooting 9mm for it’s size. But…. I got a really good price on a Sig 365 and have carried everyday since. It is just as nice a shooter to me. I love the Shield Plus, it’s a great little carry gun but since the 365 is a bit smaller I carry it, I’m not a big guy, it fit’s me. Both are great little guns, can’t go wrong with either one.

· The Shootist
965 Posts
I have 2 Shield +s.
A regular Shield + and the PC 4" OR (no porting). These are my favorite guns to shoot and carry at this point. I even like the CT red dot with the PC, although it's cheap plastic the dot is clear and works well. I may upgrade it to the CT RAD Micro green with it's 7075 Alum body.

Only real issue I've had is with some of the 13rd mags. Load them up and let them sit and use them and they break in and allow hand loading of all 13. So it's not a long term dislike. The back strap of the grip felt extra abrasive. I knocked down the texture with some emory cloth. Didn't take much to remove some of the parting lines on the back of the grip.

They are both good shooters but PC4" is nicely balanced and quite soft to shoot.
The p365XL and hellcat were just too small in the grip circumference for a good hold for me. I still have a G43X but it's been idle.

And let's face it, best stock trigger around.
Accuracy issues? This ain't slow fire...
10 yards from concealment/draw.

Rectangle Handwriting Art Font Wood

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.