Glock Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,810 Posts
I still don't know why these guns/magazine combo aren't more popular. When the Coronapocalypse first hit, G17s and 19s were getting HTF but the 43X and 48 models just sat there. I picked up a G48 for $439 and will be getting a few of these SA 15-rounders very soon, and am basically telling anyone that asks about birthday or Christmas presents to get these for me.

:flag:

·
Supports Our Flag
4,142 Posts
I still don't know why these guns/magazine combo aren't more popular.
1- A lot of us only trust OEM mags.

2- The need to install an aftermarket metal mag catch is an unattractive option for many.

3- And that aftermarket metal mag catch is hard on factory mags.

4- There have been reports of problems and reliability issues with S15 mags.

5- The S15 mag @ $40.00 costs twice that of a Glock factory OEM mag.

6- Glock factory OEM mags can be found for $19-$20.

7- Glock factory OEM mags have proven to be 100% reliable.

8- Most departments will not approve the S15 mags for duty use.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Thanks for sharing!
Just for the record, mine have been 100% reliable as well in all aspects .
My only problem has been with the mag catch. In very rare occasion it seems to be where I draw a pistol without a seated magazine. Shield Arms has told me they’re working on it. I also seem to have one that was extended instead of the same as the factory Glock.
I did all my testing with the metal magazine release, then went back to the factory one because they seem to be reliable for somewhere between 200 and 1000 rounds. Since I won’t be shooting even 200 rounds now that I’ve got my testing done I’ll just wait for the revised metal magazine catch to come out from shield arms.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
1- A lot of us only trust OEM mags.

2- The need to install an aftermarket metal mag catch is an unattractive option for many.

3- And that aftermarket metal mag catch is hard on factory mags.

4- There have been reports of problems and reliability issues with S15 mags.

5- The S15 mag @ $40.00 costs twice that of a Glock factory OEM mag.

6- Glock factory OEM mags can be found for $19-$20.

7- Glock factory OEM mags have proven to be 100% reliable.

8- Most departments will not approve the S15 mags for duty use.
They're interesting, but this about sums it up for me.

·
In The Saddle
11,189 Posts
The SA S15 mags work perfectly. I have "rarely" seen or heard of an issue with these mags. ALL of ours function flawlessly. The SA mag catch works fine, if you "dedicate" the weapon to use 'only the SA S15 mags.' Run an aluminum catch, and go on, OR, stay all OEM. But, to try and have it 'both ways,' problems arise. I have dedicated one of our G48's totally to the SA catch and S15 mags. Tons of rds and testing, and not one single problem. Glock ain't the only folks that make stuff that works! I do not care for any other after market parts or changes, but a totally reliable mag with 15 rds in that thin little gun... Why not !

Again, I'm a 45acp guy. But, this 43x/48 with that capacity, makes a pretty fair package for the little 9mil.

CanyonMan
:horse:

·
Come on man!!
19,517 Posts
The same sights are on both guns in the article.
Not quite, I bought the plain (non-night sight) version from you.

They've been great for all these years. I think I bought them in 2003 or 2004. I definitely got my money's worth.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.