Glock 43x Shield Arms 43x magazine

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by SRR0272, May 25, 2019.

1. fistagon

fistagon

If Shield didn’t charge a 5% “restocking fee” for requested refunds, which is BS, I would probably go ahead and cancel my order.

Due to all the issues with shipping and usage, I sold one of my 43Xs and put together two hybrid P365XLs and bought a bunch of mags.

-JCN-, 19glock84 and MCCM like this.
  2. Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

Mine ended up being $6. Peace of mind to get out of a gamble for the price of a hamburger lunch. The more I’ve thought about it, the more I’m happy with my stash of OEM mags.

Fatboy2001 likes this.

3. MCCM

MCCM

I was and am. Goes to show more about the Company and their customer service.

4. Anton Chigurh

Anton Chigurh

Now Shield can get to work on their double stack mags for the just announced G44 .22.

Fatboy2001 likes this.
  5. Fatboy2001

Fatboy2001

Apparently a "batch" ~= two. :animlol:

I do wish them well, but IMHO, this is real crappy way to run a business. Taking "pre-orders" was a really bad idea. :fist:

19glock84 likes this.
  6. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

No reason not to be happy with OEM mags. 10+1 rounds FOR SURE beats 15+1 rounds MAYBE any way you look at it, and if 10+1 rounds isn't going to get the job done, then the job probably isn't doable.

Spend your money on practice ammo and training, not gimmicks, and learn to make every shot count.

slamdunc, Doc Holliday, MCCM and 5 others like this.
  7. zennashton

zennashton

I would not call an aftermarket magazine a gimmick. Lots of people use aftermarket magazines in lots of different branded firearms for many years. Some work great and some dont. A magazine isn't that complicated honestly.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GlockyQ, NFEDERIC and BuckyP like this.
  8. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

+1

Mec-Gar gives me 15 in my 92 Compact, instead of 13 and are every bit as reliable.

GlockyQ and NFEDERIC like this.
  9. 19glock84

19glock84

I'm in the same boat. If I knew it would take this long I've would've waited for the next batch. At least some of the bugs would have been fixed by then.

10. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

40 days north of the promised pre-order ship date, and the SA15 mags are still vaporware.

Maybe Shield Arms pulled the rug on the SA15 mags so they can focus on the Glock 44 pre-order.

11. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Shield Arms fails to understand basic business philosophy of the winners.

Under promise, over deliver.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

BuckeyeGlock77 likes this.
  12. -JCN-

-JCN-

I spend a lot of money on practice ammo and training... but I still like capacity. Chance favors the prepared.

And if 10+1 was sufficient for everything we wouldn’t be rallying against “low capacity” states....

Gfive45, NFEDERIC and happyguy like this.
  13. zennashton

zennashton

I think Shield Arms is such a small company and did not have the funds to get the job done. They needed the cash from the presales to keep going forward. Eventually we'll get the product but people are not used to this kinda wait to get what we paid for.

I keep thinking of the original Ghostbusters movie where the guy takes out a 3rd mortgage on his house.

Sometime in 2020 we will find out if it was worth the wait.

14. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

I think there's better reasons to rally against low capacity states having more to do with resistance against government authority to arbitrarily decide for us what we "need" than it does with what we decide individually is actually necessary.

And if a 10 round G43x or G48 isn't enough there's similar sized guns with more capacity. Even a G19 isn't that much bigger. I just think that too many people are of the opinion that better Hardware is all you need and practice and training is just a given, except with most people the focus is solely on hardware issues.

Doc Holliday and -JCN- like this.
  15. zennashton

zennashton

That's some deep thinking. It's not wrong. But all we are talking about here is making a great gun a little better. There's noughting wrong with buying new sights you like better. A new trigger that your more comfortable with. A grip enhancement like talon. Or a higher cap magazine. I'm not a purists I dont have any problems customizing the things I spend my money on.

I just bought a new truck. First day I owned it I bought new wheels, a cargo cover, seat covers and floor mats. Was there anything wrong with the way it was from the factory? No

Does it now better suit me? hell yes.

MCCM, GlockyQ, BuckyP and 2 others like this.
  16. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN

Shield Arms really screwed the “pre-order” crowd.

- take someone’s money for a product you don’t have in stock

- don’t deliver on time or even close to on time

- charge a percentage of sale for refund

The charge for a refund is the one that would really piss me off. I’d be disputing

Their name brand has to be suffering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCCM, HEXE9 and 19glock84 like this.
  17. -JCN-

-JCN-

Caveat Emptor.

It’s no different than buying from any other crowdfunding preproduction Kickstarter campaigns.

What was the alternative? Nobody else has taken on this kind of project and they’re a pretty small outfit with limited funding.

In their optimism they overpromised, but a savvy buyer would have expected these bumps in the road and factored it in to their purchase decision making.

It doesn’t bother me. I knew it was a gamble and if the magazines eventually work as promised, it’ll make me extremely happy.

I’m just fine shooting my P365s in the meantime or loading more G43x stock magazines.

NFEDERIC, rlogtheboss and peepaw like this.
  18. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

'Re-stock' what, exactly? They haven't even shipped out, there's nothing to 're-stock'.
    Yea, that's some BS right there. I'll stick with the OEM magazines. Maybe one day Glock will make a 25 or 33 round mag for the 43X/48 models.

Fatboy2001 and HEXE9 like this.
  19. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN

Verily thy are not paid for thy methods but for thy results..

and in this case to date Shield’s suck

Please provide contradictory facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fatboy2001 likes this.
  20. -JCN-

-JCN-

“Suck” is not a fact, it’s an opinion.

Facts:
    1. Shield has produced a 15 round magazine for a Glock 43x.

2. Nobody else has or is currently planning an alternative 15 round magazine for a Glock 43x.

3. Some have been sent to customers, not just paid reviewers.

4. They provide updates and by their most recent updates, it would seem that I will get my preorder magazines sometime in the next 1-2 months.

So in my OPINION:
    A company has made a magazine that I want, that nobody else makes and I will likely get it within a couple months.

I don’t see any suckage there.

Some people are getting bent out of shape that they ordered magazines that didn’t get into their hands during the month they were promised.

I have back orders from numerous companies for Optics and random parts that have had their estimated delivery date pushed back for months.

I’ll get it when I get it. If I was that picky, i would only order things that were in stock.

I’m not that picky.