close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sheriff says he'll undermine gun ban (vote in poll)

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Carolina Drifter, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Carolina Drifter

Carolina Drifter CLM

Armed American Report - Issue 186
    February 26, 2010

Hello fellow Armed Citizen!

Get ready for a juicy start to the Armed American Report this week, because you are going to love this.

We all know there are a lot of problems with our great country right now, but here's some GOOD news: There are still plenty of GOOD Americans out there, making a difference where it counts. Heck you're one of them, and here's another:

Colorado State University has recently banned concealed weapons on campus. No, that's not the good news- that's stupid news. But listen to this: The sheriff in that count (Larimer County), a Mr. James Alderden is NOT happy about it. It gets better...

He's publicly announced the following:

"I have told the CSU police chief I will not support this in any way. If anyone with one of my permits gets arrested for concealed carry at CSU, I will refuse to book that person into my jail. Furthermore, I will show up at court and testify on that person's behalf, and I will do whatever I can to discourage a conviction. I will not be a party to this very poor decision."

If your eyes aren't already watering, read what he said next:

"It's a weapons-free zone for law-abiding people, and it won't do a single thing to keep armed criminals off of campus. It will only ensure them a lot of defenseless victims. The people who did this are lost in their own world of ideological liberalism. You would think people involved in academia would want to deal in data and experience, but this has been all about emotion."

Wow! Does that guy think like us, or what? What a hero. Here's to YOU, Sheriff Alderden, on behalf of 150,000 respectable, peace-loving, law-abiding armed citizens. Friend- there's a poll on the story, at THIS http://www.gazette.com/opinion/state-94668-gun-ban.html website. I just voted that the students should LISTEN to their wise Sheriff, and ignore the gun-ban, and I encourage you to do the same. When I voted, 92% of the 2,935 respondents agreed with me. Let's get to work voting, and get that number up to 99%!

Before we get started, there's one more bit of good news. I don't know if you're into gadgets or not, but if you are, and if you have an iPhone, you might be interested in an iPhone app that I came across after someone pointed it out to me recently. It basically lets you set up handy little dry-fire practice drills. Its called Dry Fire Trainer.

Check it out here: http://dryfiretrainer.blogspot.com/

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  2. MCPreacher

MCPreacher

Wow... a cop who is more concerned with reality than with public opinion or reelection. What a trip!

If I was in his area, I would volunteer to work on his next campaign.

3. mymini40

mymini40

its 95% now.lets do it!

4. Spence

Spence

I love Alderden. He keeps himself in the public eye and leads from the front always. He has been our Sherriff for a long time and will retire as such I hope!

5. okie

okie GT Mayor

Been there voted:thumbsup:

6. Isaiah1412

Isaiah1412

I can't beleive it. It reads like spam mail, and its almost too good to be true. The writer needs to tone down the folksy "oh gee whiz" rhetoric. Not every gun owner is a down home good old boy from the kansas farmlands. There's nothing wrong with those that are, but there's nothing wrong with the ones that aren't either and pro-gun publications need to learn to reach across demographics, not pander to them.

7. Stang_Man

Stang_Man

Thats American as hell!

8. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

Yes, they should ignore the ban 95%

No, they should obey the campus rules 4%

I don't know 0%

I don't care 0%

Total Votes: 6305

9. firefighter4215

firefighter4215

I hope everybody is copying and pasting that URL to the poll instead of just clicking on it.

10. Hummer

Hummer Big Member

College gun ban
    Should Colorado State students ignore the new weapons ban, as their sheriff suggests?

Yes, they should ignore the ban 95%

I don't know 0%

I don't care 0%

Total Votes: 6221

Colorado has some very good sheriffs who respect the 2A rights of the citizens who elect them. If only the country had more outspoken proponents of civil rights in the LE community like Sheriff Alderden.

11. Mak Maven

Mak Maven Lifetime Member

12. Ralphumor

Ralphumor NRA Life Member

Look at the "Health Care" debate. Americans DO NOT want it, we have spoken and it is very clear to the deaf and blind. The only people who dont hear it (or chose to ignore it) is Congress. This country is "center right" but our elected officials dont seem to understand this. Lets keep up the pressure and VOTE (if your in Chicago Vote often) in the next election. Lets take our country back! :patriot:
    I admire an elected official who has a set and is not afraid to put them on the chopping block!

13. RickD

RickD Pro-Open Curry Millennium Member

14. crimsonaudio

crimsonaudio 15 or 30?

College gun ban
    Poll Results
    Should Colorado State students ignore the new weapons ban, as their sheriff suggests?
    Yes, they should ignore the ban 96%
    I don't know 0%
    I don't care 0%
    Total Votes: 6575

15. MedicOni

MedicOni

Makes me happier that I'm moving to CO in three weeks :D

16. Glockwork Orange

Glockwork Orange

17. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER

I sent an email of Thanks to the good Sheriff a couple of days ago and here is his response:

I may have already responded to some of you so if this is redundant, please forgive me. I have been overwhelmed with e-mails regarding my position on the CSU rule prohibiting students, faculty or staff from carrying anything on campus that may be used in self-defense; i.e. concealed handgun, mace, or stun gun. This is incredibly irresponsible.

I have received 170 e-mails from all corners and coasts of the United States supporting my position. I haven't had such a response since my Third Annual Politically Incorrect Christmas tree Decorating Party or the Balloon Boy incident. For those of you who haven't made the connection, yes, I'm the overweight bald Sheriff who was at the center of the Balloon Boy Hoax. I tried responding individually to your e-mails to express my appreciation for your kind words, but it soon became evident that I wasn't going to be able to. I do have a few other things on my plate. To each of you, please accept my humble appreciation for your support and encouragement.

By the way, I did get one negative e-mail. 170 to 1, and it wasn't from Dr. Frank, the CSU President.

Many of you have suggested that I run for higher office. I have said it before, but I don't think there is any higher office than that of Sheriff. It is an office that gives me the most direct contact with the people and the best opportunity to act rather autonomously to do the right thing. I only have to answer to the public, not the politicians. In any event, I'm about to wrap up a 38 year career and my 12th as Sheriff. I would love to hang around but Colorado enacted term limits several years ago to ensure that the most qualified and competent people can't remain in office too long.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write but my position really wasn't a difficult or courageous decision to make as some of you have implied. It was simply the right thing to do and in keeping with my sworn oath.

Jim Alderden
    Larimer County Sheriff

18. crimsonaudio

crimsonaudio 15 or 30?

Great email response from the Sheriff, thanks for posting.

19. Bruce H

Bruce H

Does Colorado law allow campus carry? With what the article says I assume it does. Couldn't the sheriff arrest the CSU head dogs for flaunting state law?

20. telecster

telecster

96%.. Concealed...