close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sheriff Joe's office makes the news again

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by WarCry, Dec 5, 2011.

1. WarCry

WarCry

I'm posting this here because I didn't want it to turn immediately into a "bad cop, big surprise" kind of thread, but this really IS bad juju.

'Tough' sheriff botched sex-crime cases

I'd like to know what the full story is, but the sheriff's department isn't talking, even going so far as to (apparently) deny FOIA requests. Even just based on the allegations, I think a full-blown investigation is warranted.

2. mj9mm

mj9mm

wow, i hope there is another side to this story, he has been one of my hero's because of his old school ways :cool:

3. blueiron

blueiron

4. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Failed to investigate, or badly investigated at least 32 sex crimes against children? That does get one's attention... :whistling:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  5. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

Slow down. The vast majority of suspected molestations with known suspects come up in divorce and child custody battles. They don't warrant forensic exams, repeated interviews of the kids and the CSI: Maricopa full court press because the complaining parent is bat-**** crazy. Or evil.

Tell me the surrounding details on these allegations, and then I'll get the pitchfork. No fan of Sheriff Joe, not even a little, but let's hear the real background.

6. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

On a side note, it is ironic that no one in Arizona likes Joe, while everyone outside the state love him. He is a ****** bag.

7. WarCry

WarCry

Yeah, I really do hope there's more to the story like this, but as I said, simply based on the allegations, I don't think pitchforks are needed, but I do think an investigation by a (preferably) outside agency is warranted.

8. blueiron

blueiron

The numbers range from over 400 to 500.

Well, even if only two percent of the allegations are legitimate, isn't that too many? Illegal alien or not, slimebag or not, whatever their parents immigration or criminal status may be - these children should have never be victimized and the criminal complaints should have fully be investigated.

Anyone actively involved in this nonfeasance of justice deserves to be terminated.

I know Mike Frazier [he is currently the CLEO of Surprise PD. I know several El Mirage officers and supervisors. I believe their statements. The things I have heard about this are frankly deserving of a criminal conspiracy indictment in the Grand Jury.

Even if there is only one victim, they deserve a determined and legitimate investigation.

9. aztnb

aztnb

a lot of people in AZ like and support him. don't know where you get your info that most people here do not like him, that is not true.

10. blueiron

blueiron

It is most likely that you are part of the SCA, are not a cop, or have never bothered to objectively look at Arpaio's actual record.

I live in Arizona, have worked in Maricopa County as a cop before Arpaio was elected and well into his first three terms as sheriff, and I can clearly state that as screwed up as Jerry Hill, Godbehere, and other sheriffs were; Arpaio is a laughingstock in professional law enforcement.

11. Con43

Con43

The voters seem to like him :whistling:

12. blueiron

blueiron

Sun City, Sun City West, Sun CIty Grand, Fountain Hills, Leisure World, and the angry reactionaries are hardly a viable endorsement for responsible governance of the MCSO or law enforcement.

Based on your logic, you should support Obama, Pelosi, Boxer, Reid, Feinstein, Murray, et al. based on solely on their appeal to certain voters. Raul Grijalva is from Arizona too. Do you support his brand of politics?

13. gasboffer

gasboffer

MSNBC? I'd be skeptical of any reporting they did.

14. blueiron

blueiron

Law enforcement isn't about popularity contests or winning elections. It is all about conducting impartial investigations into allegations of criminal acts and objectively presenting the facts as they are known to a prosecutorial agency for them to present in a court of law for a possible conviction.

If an agency or an individual cannot do this, then they are a failure.

15. blueiron

blueiron

16. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Joe reminds me of a retarded J. Edgar Hoover. Starting investigations on political figures, but too dumb to keep it secret.

17. WarCry

WarCry

It's an AP Wire report.

18. CW Mock

CW Mock

Most awesome post I have read all day! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

19. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

If he comes out of the closet, that would cap it all off.

20. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

I am so glad that I don't work for that buffoon. He's an embarrassment to professional law enforcement officers.