close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shelton WA Super 8 FYI

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Shred, May 20, 2002.

1. Shred

Shred Millennium Member

[This came through an e-mail list I'm on. It is not my story. I don't know the people involved. I have no idea if Super 8 has addressed this or if there are any follow-ups, or even if it's true at all...]

Subject: Shelton Washington Super 8

Just got home from the coast and wanted to pass this on.

We checked into the Super 8 Hotel at Shelton, Wa., as I wanted to see the range before the Glock Match, later this summer. As I was filling out the registration form, the desk attendant noticed my NRA T-shirt and made a rude comment about how the NRA had helped George Bush steal the White House from Al Gore. I said I didn't feel that was true and that Al Gore lost because he wasn't the best man for the job. She then said that the NRA was responsible for all the crime, as we promoted violence with our guns. I told her the NRA
    promoted responsible firearms ownership, through education and safety
    programs. She grumbled something else, to which I asked to speak with the owner or manager. She said her and her husband were the owners and managers. I tore my registration form in half and said because of her distaste for us, we would seek accomodations elsewhere, and we left.

If you are going to the Glock Match in Shelton, be aware of the attitude of this Super 8 owner.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Shred,

Thanks for the heads-up.:)

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Shred;
    Thanks for the info: I knew there was a reason why I never stay in a Super 8. This supports my reasons.

4. GlockFamilyMan

GlockFamilyMan

is a company store. The owners are not on site. At most this was a manager, whose attitude is more in keeping with the residents of nearby Olympia than the good folks of Shelton.