close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shelton, WA Debrief

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Farmer, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Farmer

Farmer

I just got back from the macth in Shelton and as usual everything when smooth. The had the Glock M and the 5 to Glock set-up in one of the alternate sets. The Glock M was in the IV set (as shown on gssfonline.com) and the 5 to Glock was in the V set. The 5 to Glock had 2 targets at 5 yds., 2 at 15 yds., and 1 at 25 yds. I did get a couple pics before my batteries went dead. I liked the idea of GSSF changing the targets up and after shooting it I really liked it. The changes didn't seem to change the pace of the match any that I saw. Hope everyone else there had a good time as always.
    [​IMG]
    Glock M
    [​IMG]
    5 to Glock
    [​IMG]
    5 to Glock

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Thanks FARMER; I like the lools of both those setups. Good to hear the real didtance setup of each target since they were not mentioned. Guess we will see a different setup at Topton noxt weekend. This might really be fun again. Hope you shot well and good luck to everyone.:beer:

3. Farmer

Farmer

You could see the same or it may be different. Scott told me that he showed the options to the RO's who decided based on the room they have to work with which set-up they wanted to use. I shot fair with my G22 and I shot a personal best using my G34.

4. casullman454

casullman454

I was thair with farmer and liked the other setups two the match went well. I think this is a good change for gssf.:)

5. coyote 30

coyote 30 COYOTE HUNTER!!

I shot at Shelton today (Sat.) and liked the change except I would like the plates to be about 2 feet away so I could hit them. LOL

I did OK but not quite as good as I did in Roseburg in June. I had a good excuse though here at Shelton, I worked last night a graveyard shift of 12 hours then left from work and drove straight to Shelton (about 1.5 hours)and shot with no sleep and now am back to work for another 12 hour shift till Sunday morning. Don't feel sorry for me I would have done it even if I had missed a week of sleep. These GSSF matches are fun.

By the way I thought the RO's did a good job of getting people through. I shot 3 catagories and started with my first sign in at 9:22 and was done shooting at noon with a little self imposed break around 11:00.

I took a fellow co-worker who owned a Glock 19 but had not shot it much. This was his first competition shooting he has ever done or seen. He didn't do to bad shooting Am. Civ. and Comp. and had fun. He joined GSSF at the match and had his gun worked on by the armorer who had to replace some parts that were worn. (this was a second gen. G19 he had bought used)

All in all a great day and I got another shooter hooked as he wants to start shooting IPSC with me on the weekends.

6. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

We rolled into Shelton around 9:20 this morning, got signed in to all the stages, went and shot the fun shoot, then shot the plates.

I had some great times, broke 3 sec for the first time, and had 5 of 12 strings under 4. I shot Master Stock and Amateur Civilian with my 17, and Amateur Competition with my 34.

Once we got done with the plates, we headed over to shoot the new iteration (well, one of many) of the Glock M, and things got all fouled up. I asked if they needed help getting targets taped and was REFUSED! I took it on myself to help anyways, and a couple of my shooting buddies took charge at the 5 to Glock and got that one sorted out.

Had some great times on the M, and boloed the 5 to Glock with my competition run (5 D's on the 25 yd target, all left of center for a 88.65 match total), but still shot personal bests (70.48 in Master Stock, and 71.95 in Amateur Civilian). I managed to beat last year's 2nd Place AmCiv time by 2.13 seconds, and tied my penalty count with 9 secs. I really ramped down on my AmCiv 5 to Glock run and shot 24 A's.

Saw a nice representation of our normal IPSC crowd making the trip up from Oregon, got to chat with Coyote 30 while reloading my 12 empty mags from the plate stage. It was a bit long this year, last year we were done and gone well before 11, this year it was more like 1. I didn't get home until 6, having left the house at 5:15 AM this morning.

Looking forward to the results, hoping I slot in as good as last year. I hope we get another GSSF match here next year. My club has put in an application to host one. That would be nice to only drive 18 miles to shoot, and even have time to visit with the armorer and work the match for a change.

7. Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Now this looks way cool.

Pharaoh

8. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Yupper...I think Topton along with KOO and the Gang...(*guess who*) might have a twist for us as well.;)

9. TOULME

TOULME

I drove in from Spokane Fri night after work and stayed with a friend. My daughter and I were at the shoot around 9:30 signed in at 10:00 for all the stages. I thought I did terrible while shooting but after adding up my AM CIV score I beat my Missoula score by 11.97sec.YOU COULD HAVE KNOCKED ME OVER WITH A FEATHER.My score was my best to date,but the competition was also the best I have faced to date also.I felt that the shoot was run with a steady and experienced hand.The RO's were quick and curtious. I give the Shelton crew a A+.
    We had a nice lunch at the shoot and drove back to Spokane that afternoon. A note about the the new target array's. I feel GSSF is doing a good thing in bringing in fresh ideas to the matches. It might even help new commers like me that do not get to practice on the exact setups at home, therefore giving other shooting types like IDPA and USPSA shooters , shooting at stages that are different for everyone. It kind of allows your skill to come in to play.....
    GOOD JOB GSSF and Shelton
    RON T

10. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

Congrats on your personal best....:supergrin: :cool:

11. Glocknewbie17

Glocknewbie17

This was my first time at GSSF. And I've gotten the glock bug big time, so I've joined here. I didn't plan on even going but showed up with a friend of mine on Saturday and had such a good time, I went home got my other gun and came back on Sunday.

The match was fun. The Range Officers in the yellow shirts got a little muddled up and there was some confusion. But they got back on track pretty quick. Everyone seemed to be volunteers, so people were understanding.

The highlight for me was the repair station. I have an old G26 that I got second hand. The guy on Saturday completely rebuilt for me. Red headed guy named Darrian I think. Real nice and friendly. He replaced lots of worn out parts, and some that were "just fine, but they've come out with a better one". He showed me all the parts, where to lub the gun (it was way over lubed apparently), and even replaced my magazine springs. He even replaced my front sight for me, cause the plastic one was getting pretty ratty. I asked him how much I owed him and he laughed and said "just come back next year". The repair guy on Sunday (big balding guy)changed some stuff in my other gun but was sort of condescending about it. No biggee, and its free.

Overall, this was an awesome weekend. I can see why GLOCK does these things. Good PR, good times. Good Job Shelton!!

12. pointnopoint

pointnopoint

This was my first GSSF match and my first match that I have ever shot too. I was really happy with the way that everything went. I feel like I shot well. With my G23, I just broke 100 sec total, and my G26 was a little over 125. I think decent for my first time ever doing anything like that. I expecially liked the armorers. They did the same with my 2 pistols, replacing a couple of worn parts, for free! Further proof why I will won't buy anything else. Thanks, Darrian. I will be back next year!

13. LIM10GM

LIM10GM

Damn!
    Why is it that every year I find out I MISSED the match!:frown:
    This thing needs to be better advertised to the local USPSA/IDPA crowd.
    Damn!

14. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The schedule has been up at www.gssfonline.com since March, and was listed in the Glock Report mailed to GSSF members in July.:upeyes:

15. OMF64

OMF64

Gee Whiz man, maybe you should take a little responsibility instead of blaming someone else. Heck I was there and had an absolute ball. I follow the schedule at www.gssfonline.com, you should try it. I am kinda new here myself but I sure hate to see the very first post a person makes be so negative.:upeyes:

16. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Could not have said it better myself Danny. ;)

17. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

This match has traditionally been the 2nd weekend of August for as long as I have been shooting it. Next year if they have it on the same weekend, it might be impacted by the USPSA Area 1 Championship in Puyallup at Paul Bunyan. I hope not, because I plan on shooting Area 1, and would drive down one of the 2 days and shoot the GSSF match. Its only about an hours drive from Paul Bunyan (well, depending on traffic).

18. LIM10GM

LIM10GM

"
    Ya I know. I saw the date a few months ago, but since I'm not an active GSSF member, it was up to me to remember the date...and I didn't. :upeyes:

OMF, I was an original member here on GT about 10 years ago. I left because of too much attitude and the arguementative tones of some replies. You remind me of why I (and many others) have stopped participating on this site. Thanks.

Trying to get your post-count up DOC?

Thanks for the help. You guys have fun. Perhaps I'll remember the match next year.

19. casullman454

casullman454

hey you came with the angry tone so you get some back how much should thay spend on advertieing.

20. Morris

Morris CLM

As ever, the range looked nice. I'd love to run a GSSF match at the local instructor's conference in Yakima next year, will probably have to substitute paper for poppers. DOubt there would be many coppers who can shoot as well as the crowd here. :supergrin: