close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shelton Results Posted

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by KHAviator, Aug 24, 2004.

1. KHAviator

KHAviator

Shelton Prelim Results Posted

My own results are interesting to me. I went from the 1911 to the 21/30 to the 19.

At the 2001 Rishmond GSSF I finished 57th out of 156 in Am Civ with a score of 164.46. I was shooting a 21 with a NY1/3.5# trigger. I was shooting well over a 1,000 rounds a month in competition and going to all kinds of training.

Two years of no shooting followed while we started our own business

Two weeks before Shelton I put 100 rounds through a brand new never fired G-19 with an even newer frame (Thank You Glock for the recall). All I did to it was a 3.5# with the stock spring and not even a 25 cent trigger job. That 100 rounds was the only shooting in the 24 months before Shelton. I even tempted fate with handloads and 2183 followers ;g

I shot 134.10 which placed me 16th out of 93 in Am Civ.

Lessons learned. The NY1/3.5# setup is history and if I shoot the 19 better than the 21 then the 19 it is ;)

For carry it's now total stock with 25 cent trigger job and for GSSF the same with a 3.5#

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Dale, Alice & Steve, Congratulations on your great performance for Team Carver Mounts. I see another 1st on the Horizon. Gonna be a tough act to follow.;D ~2 ^c

3. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

We are cheering for you from Florida!!!;+ ;+ ;+ ;+ ;W ;W ;W ^5 ^5 ^5

Congratulations on some fine shooting!!!

Best regards,
    Bobby and Brenda

4. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Great shooting Team Carver Mount!^c

5. DaleRhea

DaleRhea

Alice would say thank you herself for all the kind words from fellow Carver Mount team members, but she is still rolling around on the floor laughing at your graphics!
    Thanks to everybody for their support. It was a fun match and we had a great time. See yall in Conyers.
    Dale

6. coyote 30

coyote 30 COYOTE HUNTER!!

Team Carver Mounts. What do you guys mean "good job shooting"? It's kind of hard to finish second when there is only one team in master stock. They could have shot standing on their heads, blind folded, with their arms cut off and shot a total time of 1,000,000 seconds and still won master stock. When another team gets within ten seconds of them then you can say they earned a win.

7. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Coyote 30,

I think each of the members of Team Carver Mount shot a very good score for a combined 250'ish team score. It would be good if other GSSF shooters form teams to compete against Team Carver Mount. It'd be fun to see what other shoot teams can do. Why don't you form your own team next year's match, perhaps? It's all for fun and a nice plaque.

LG

8. Don At PC

Where's Your Team?

9. coyote 30

Boy, you guys need to get a sense of humor. Nobody has more fun at these matches than I. We had a team at Roseburg that shot against Carver Mounts but at Couer d'Alene and Shelton it was only my son and I and we didn't have a third shooter. One team member had major stomach surgery and the other team members wife had surgery, so they couldn't make it.
    The teams make the matches a lot of fun and I wish more shooters would make teams. One of these days we'll catch up to Carver mounts, when they are in wheelchairs and blind, then we'll give them a run for their money. LOL By the way we formed three teams at Roseburg with one team made up of all juniors, it was a good time.

10. Don At PC

coyote 30;

Come on now, I will be 63 real soon so my sense of humor is about all that works without some cheer leading. The main point of my post about our team at Shelton was to compliment them on a fine performance. You must admit a 258.84 for a 3 person team is a pretty respectable score. I think it's ranks about in the top 10 best team score in Master Stock in several years based on DannyR's records near the top of this GSSF Forum. There are several teams that can beat us at any given time but I am supporting my fellow team mates.

Now also if you do a search you will find that the post you made for the match where you fielded an all Junior Team that I complimented you for it. That's an admirable doing and would like to see it more and maybe then GSSF would have a Team Category for all Juniors but it can't happen unless more Junior teams show up.
    ;c ;c ;c

11. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Don@PC - I think Coyote30 was "rolling some donut holes around"... what he needed were some emoticons in his post... nothing wrong with what you did at all.. KEEP ON CHEERING my friend!

LG

12. DaleRhea

DaleRhea

You must have been watching. We did shoot standing on our heads.

8^)

Dale

13. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

;z ;z ;z ;z ~1 ~1 ~1 ~1 ~1 ~1

14. damienv

damienv

Hello Everyone,

I have a question. WHat are most people shooting in the Am Civ class? I finished 3rd this year (and 2 of my shooting buddies and colleagues finished first and 4th. We were not smart enough to form a team, although I was on the winning am civ team. If we had gone in together we would have posted pretty scores. I was shooting a Glock 32 and am wondering what everyone else is shooting. I am thinking of switching to a Glock 17 in order to pick up a little more sight radius and reduce the recoil.

Any advice would be great.

Damien

15. LoveGlocks

LoveGlocks

Damien,

Alot of shooters use G17 but my recommendation to you is to choose base on what works for you (economy, recoil, accuracy, grip size/fit for your hands, etc.) Of course, if you don't have a Glock 17 to try, you won't know if the two attributes you stated (longer sight radius and less recoil due to caliber) will be better for you.

I shot a Glock 20 at the last match... I shot well with it in practice and decided to try it in the match. I shot a Glock 17 in the two matches before that. There is no right answer... only what you believe is your model/caliber of choise is what counts.

Lots of factors go into the decision for me... grip size, caliber (availability and cost of OFB), load, sites, etc. That is what makes it fun.

I do like 9mm since it's cost effective, low recoil, plenty accurate, factory loads are reasonably priced. I like large frame Glocks because they fit my hand better and I feel I'm more accurate with them.

One thing that you will find (I firmly believe), is that picking up any Glock will become very familiar and comforting to you after the practice you gain by gearing up for GSSF matches. I guess that is what GSSF is fundamentally about... giving us Glock-a-holics a great venue to be safe, have fun and become competent with our Glocks!

I may not have answered your question.. My main intention was to give you my thoughts...

Regards,
    LG

16. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Coyote 30,
    We are VERY proud of our team and its members. Win, lose or draw, we all try to stay focused on "having fun" and that's what our team members do. We cheer our team's performance whether we win, lose or shoot a solo.

As the sponsor of our team, I'm especially proud of every member. Unique from other Stockmeister teams we have Husband and Wife team members that compete together on the same team like Dale and Alice Rhea plus Tony and Donna Clemens. I could be wrong but I think that our Stockmeister Team includes the only Husband and Wife combinations competing in GSSF.

Hopefully, more GSSF members and competitors will discover the added fun and excitement when competing as a team. Team CARVER Mounts has.

Thanks for your support,
    Bobby

17. KHAviator

KHAviator

Why don't you go to Wade's and rent a 17 and 19 and see how you like them. Take a lady with you on Tuesdays and lane rentals are half price and rentals are free.

18. damienv

damienv

I actually have a 17 and a 17L. In fact I did a lot better with my 32 then my 17l. It just goes to show we shoot better with what we shoot alot... I use the 17 as a teaching tool for new shooters. I don't use it much myself. I guess I need to think on 2 things:
    1) is the G17 going to be easier to compete with over the G32
    2) if so, do I care enough to forgo training with my 32 in order to bring my skills up to where they need to be with the 17 and 17L.

Its a good problem to have.

19. coyote 30

That team score of 258 was awesome and I like watching Dale and Alice shoot. It is a lot of fun to watch and I learn something everytime I see them shoot, but I won't be standing on my head any time soon. It's hard enough for me standing on my feet when I shoot. LOL Good job Team Carver Mounts and when we get our team healthy we'll enjoy shooting against you.

20. Don At PC

Very well said. It's always fun to have good, clean, healthy and friendly competition. As Bobby said; we may not always win but we WILL always have fun and enjoy our friendships.

Good luck on getting your team healthy again and don't give up on the all junior team. That is a very worthwhile endevor.