close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Shelton 2003 Debriefing

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Fireglock, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Did anybody go to Shelton? Tell us how it was. :)

2. Roland-G23

Roland-G23 STI Convert

Didn't get to go this year. No babysitter :(. My wife went back to work this week after 6 months of maternity leave.

3. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Bummer Roland, sorry you didn't get to go.

4. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

Brenda and I arrived around noon and visited with Bruce and Diane for a few minutes. Chris had already left for another flight. I shot about what I had expected (Some good and some bad). We had lunch with Dale and Alice Rhea and enjoyed every moment as usual.

The match was ran by great R.O.'s and the weather was great. Shooting at Shelton, WA is always a great trip each year.

Brenda and I went to see a movie tonight. We saw Open Range starring Kevin Costner and Robert Duvall. We highly recommend the movie. It was good. We are now packing our bags, getting ready to drive back to Seattle and board a plane in the morning.

Best regards.

5. Morris

Morris CLM

Dagnabbit Bobby! I missed you!

Well, got there at the start time and was through by noon. Would have liked to stick around but had to get back home to work. Anyway, my first formal GSSF match and enjoyed the program quite a bit. Process was smooth, RO's were excellent and the range is a nice venue. Shot my duty G22, G27 backup and G35. I really like my G35. My G22, with about 35K down the bore, chugged right along. Wanted to shoot the 21 but was limited to the .40s.

Shot mediocre, showing what a year's lack of honest practice will bring me. Saw some nice race platforms, ran into a couple of cops I knew, wondered what Glocktalkers I missed. There was a team there with a pretty slick uniform (fire and I can't remember the name - black and red colors).

Looking forward to next year and planning on the Idaho and maybe a Norcal shoot. Much more practice on the horizon.

Liked that gray morning despite the mosquitos. Not too bright and not too hot.

6. Sierra

Sierra Millennium Member

Arrived at 9:30 after a leisure drive from Portland. Great weather. The crowd was small and I was done by 11:00. Then the armorer (Glen) gave my Glock a physical and I was on my way home. Everything was much less hectic than usual. I don't know if thats because it was Sunday or what. Great job on running the event.

7. coyote 30

coyote 30 COYOTE HUNTER!!

Well the team with the slick uniform was Team Glockalot and I'm a member. We aren't all that fast but we were going for best dressed. The guy that put the team together (Jim Merritt) did a nice job getting and designing the uniforms, they look pretty cool. We had a lot of fun and we made up a team from our kids ages 10 to 14 for a junior team Glockalot. We have fun and get to burn lots of powder. The range is nice and we get to shoot with a lot of good people. We'll be at the indoor matches starting in Feb. at the Barons Den shooting range in Eugene, OR.
    We have lots of fun as a team. Some of you other shooters need to get a team going, it adds to the enjoyment of the match.
    See you all next year and be sure to "Glock a lot" before the next match. Bruce

8. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I did not think GSSF could get any better, until I helped Patricia form Team Sidearmor. Now over 30 strong, we have a blast everywhere we go. Team competition is really great fun. Try it. You only need three shooters and a name.

9. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Bruce;

That is great. You'al have the right idea. The Team thing adds a whole new meaning to the fun. Way to go, adding the Junior Team is excellent.

10. Guest

I missed the "Fernan" match in ID. this time as well as Shelton, WA.
    This year has been a bit rough,and one of the members of my team is overseas.

I wanted to get to more matches than Roseberg, OR., but hopefully next year will be better.

We took THIRD place last year at Shelton, WA. and The team was looking forward to this year.

Glad to see lots of new people getting introduced to the GSSF.

I will try it again next year. The team should be back by then...hopefully.

Safe Shooting all.

Respectfully,