Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what the hornady shellpates are made of?
i bought the exject conversion for my lnl and need my shellplates 'updated'. the lady said it would be two months from ship out to return to me.
i work next to a machine shop and they said they coujld do it if i found out what the plates are made of.
tia

·
Conifer Jack
10,016 Posts
Just call Hornady CS, they'll tell you, probably give you the milling dimensions too so you can give them to your machine shop.

I suppose you could just show them a new shell plate that already has the groove if you have a new one. Has to be quicker than sending it to Hornady but bear in mind that a new plate is only $27.

Jack

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
quicker-
they said 8 weeks from me to me!

i know the new shell plates aren't that much but what can i do w/the old ones Jack?

i will contact hornady; i've been told that already.

·
Conifer Jack
10,016 Posts
The old one will only for the spring ejector machines, as you know. If the machine shop is only going to charge you ten or fifteen bucks per plate I'd probably go that way... shouldn't take them more than 2-3 days or so, same as shipping time if you bought new ones. If it's more than that I'd probably go with new ones, that way you have a warranty.

You didn't mention if Hornady charges to modify the old plates. If they don't just buy the shell plate you shoot the most so you have something to load and send all the old plates to Hornady that way you get 'em all done for free and you end up with one spare plate.

If they're going to charge you for it you're just going to have to make the determination of cost/time benefit to you.

Jack

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are made of "tool steel" and my cnc neighbor isn't set up for that.
Hornady wants ¥10/plate + shipping.
It wasn't the ¥¥, its the 8 weeks but I'm going w/factory.
I'll take Jacks advice and send them in in shifts. I have a couple of lee presses and dies for what I
load except for 40/10 but I have a stash of those loaded already.

Thanks Jack

1 - 5 of 5 Posts