She shack under constuction

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by davethehiker, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

That’s bigger than the shack this long thread is about. And more useful too. Darn you for building a “he shed” and not posting a thread about it!

Joshhtn likes this.
  2. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

Dave, you couldn’t find a flat place to put it? Dave, it looks small. You go through all that effort to end up with a typical shed for mowers and such? Dave, I wish you the best of luck and I think you might deserve an award for this thread. You built a utility shed and garnered unimaginable attention.

Joshhtn likes this.

3. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

Three pages to go! Let’s do it.

Joshhtn likes this.
  4. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy

I would've, but the damn thing was already here when I bought the house!

They robbed me of being able to make a 10 page thread about it! :supergrin:

G30SF/F-250, flyover and Budqweiser like this.
  5. DirectDrive

DirectDrive

Well done Dave, getting her to go along with the shed idea.
    Hopefully that isn't going to be your new living quarters.

davethehiker and Budqweiser like this.
  6. davethehiker

davethehiker

I can tell that you have never been to this part of Pennsylvania. There was only level stop in the entire area, and George Washington built a fort there. The rest of us all live on hill sides.

If they flattened just Pittsburgh it would be bigger than Alaska!

deputy tom likes this.
  7. pugman

pugman

I went through this with my wife. Her mom, a white trash trailer park whore, had a storage unit full of broken Goodwill junk...but “it was her junk.”

95% of it was true garbage. Water damaged, dinged, way out of style, etc. I hated her but if it was worth something I would keep it.

We are on year 3 and I can thankfully say most of what lived in the garage and basement is gone. I would just wait for Mrs Pugman to open a drawer or closet...see the junk...and tell me she can’t go through it and asked I clear it out. Believe Me those conversations were answered with “no problem,” and that trash was thrown out or donated within a day. We kept or gave away 4 things: we kept the cedar lined wooden chest and gave her three older sewing machines to members of the family.

you sir are a saint.

davethehiker likes this.
  8. davethehiker

davethehiker

I think I almost married your wife's mom, no come to think of it the lady I knew would have sold her sewing machines to buy beer or dope. LOL

9. DrewBone

DrewBone

Looks great Dave! Now all it needs is some steps and a hand rail or a suitable ramp to facilitate easy and safe ingree and egress, and some shrubbery around it to fill in the bare spots :)

10. davethehiker

davethehiker

Inside the shed. There is now a battery powered LED cieling light with a motion detector that comes on when anyone enters the shed. It's waiting for us to move the wife's belongings into it this weekend. Closing on her house will be this Monday. We will then turn off the utilities , stop paying taxes, etc. The house will be out of our hair.

shedinside copy.jpg

Rinspeed, deputy tom and poles19 like this.
  11. davethehiker

davethehiker

Today was the day! We managed to load my wife's crap/treasures into a 20 foot U-Haul truck. We also loaded up pickup truck and my SUV. I ended up with 3 men and a 6 foot 2 High School boy, plus myself and my wife. Another HS boy could not get out of bed in time.

I payed each one involved $200. They worked hard! We were able to back the truck next to the shed door. They were able to step over the eight inch gap between the track and the shed door as they unloaded the junk/treasures into the shed. I'm glad we made the shed so high.

We moved an old fashioned dresser set with a marble top into one of our guest rooms. We also moved a pretty dining room table and chairs into the lower apartment our residence. The rest of it was moved into the shed. I was surprised to how much room that shed provides. If you look at the above photo, it's only filled from the back wall up the ladder. A tiny bit was thrown up into the smaller loft.

My wife also wanted us to move her childhood piano into our residence. We all took turns attempting to pick it up. None of us could pick it, and there were some big boys among-st us. My wife is trying to call piano movers but no one has called her back yet. We will close on my wife's house this Monday. I hope my wife is unable to find a piano mover in time. Three pianos in one house is enough! We don't need a forth.

There is plenty of room left in the shed where I can stack a set of tires and wheels that are taking up room in my garage. I'm going to go down to the shed and open up a big container full of moth balls and lock the door.