She shack under constuction

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by davethehiker, Sep 26, 2020.

1. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Where the turbines scream, and the door guns gleam

Since he has Racoons and ground hogs, I’m gonna say “ditto”

2. nmk

nmk

What's with the Eiffel Tower?

Rinspeed likes this.

3. davethehiker

davethehiker

I already have one:
    Pistol Range.jpg

4. boatman1

boatman1

I still say you need to get rid of that 70’s era blue carpet.

5. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Come on man!!

Hours? That took about five minutes. I'm literally doing this in-between writing about psychological fragility and the ego. You should look it up...

I've looked at his photo and I've discussed your statement. If it makes you feel better, you're right, we don't understand you. You're operating on a higher plane than us and we're humbled.

[​IMG]

ThatGuyYouKnow and hurley842002 like this.
  6. davethehiker

davethehiker

I worried about that. This shed is going to be tighter than most. It will also have screened ridge vents and floor vent. I also plan to have an open container of moth balls within the shed. This will deter rodents, flying bugs, and snakes.Moth ball fumes are an insecticide that's not good for anything, including people. I will need to replenish them as they dissipate over time. I'm putting a house door on this shed with rubber seals, not a barn door. I have read that if you fill a tight shed with moth balls vapors, creatures will avoid it. This also means that the stored stuff will also smell. I don't think anyone will ever enter this shed once the door is locked.

7. davethehiker

davethehiker

It's green. Adjust your monitor. Funny thing is that a lot of people have told me that I should replace that carpet. I don't mind it.

8. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

I was thinking: smart move, put it in a shed so a "providential" fire could take care of the whole thing. I have a garage full of stuff like that. My daughter is going to get to go through it after I am gone.

davethehiker likes this.
  9. Haldor

Haldor Formerly retired EE.

Despite mucho discussion on the subject. .22LR is plenty for either.

10. RenoF250

RenoF250

Not sure why it bothers you it all. I think you are missing the fact that Dave seems to worship the ground she walks and all of her truly precious items were already moved in. Did you miss that she has 3 pianos? Do you think he is not allowed to have anything sentimental to him? Are you forgetting that this stuff was in her old house that she rarely visited?

As far as I am concerned, a man that controls the vermin around the house has the right to control the furniture in the house.

11. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Where the turbines scream, and the door guns gleam
    If you can put it where it belongs, I agree!

Haldor likes this.
  12. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Come on man!!

It doesn't bother me at all. I wish them nothing but good health and happiness.

davethehiker likes this.
  13. davethehiker

davethehiker

It's a decoration that my wife picked out. It has a special meaning to us. You see, my wife came to my rescue 13 years ago when I was undergoing nasty chemotherapy. I was not convinced that I was going to survive. She had a post card that she would show me. The postcard had a photo of an older couple kissing on Point Neff in Paris. She would say, "You will recover and you and I will travel to this bridge and kiss." I did recover and we had that kiss on that bridge. We both fell in love with Paris. We have a little breakfast nook with a small cafe table and chairs, typical of a Paris cafe. We have our own little piece of Paris in our home.

14. hurley842002

hurley842002

You strike me as a great guy Dave, I wish you and your wife lot’s of happiness together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlockPride, Rinspeed, MB-G26 and 3 others like this.
  15. Budqweiser

Budqweiser

That is so romantic.

MB-G26, Haldor and davethehiker like this.
  16. Dave514

Dave514

That you are married and keep saying "my house" is creepier than when you shot a racoon in the face repeatedly and put a dollar bill beside it.

SRS and G30SF/F-250 like this.
  17. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

I would have spent extra money and had a garage built. I never have enough garage space , and when I have an empty stall it gives me a place to buy and store another old car

18. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

It her house, look at that funky blue carpet , big piano in the way, and a shed to store more of her stuff in. He may be supposedly happily married and love his wife but he is WHIPPED, and is doing himself no favors by telling us about it in detail

19. davethehiker

davethehiker

I should provide an explanation of why we have three pianos in my house. One of the pianos was mine. It's an old antique upright player piano and I have about 150 rolls for it. It has provided a lot of entertainment and fun of the years. I keep it in the downstairs apartment/recreation room. Over the years my cancer has came out of remission several times and I had to undergo chemotherapy to drive it back into remission. I'm a sick pup during during these periods. I stay in bed for days at a time even eating in bed. My wife takes good loving care of me during these hellish periods of time. I'm overcome with gratitude when I recover and feel normal. The first time I bought her the little black electric piano. The second time I bought her the big full grand piano. She really loves the big white piano. She pays a professional piano instructor to come once per week to give her piano lessons. Her playing has improved a LOT since we got the big piano.

I'm now on a new experimental oral drug now that does not hurt me or make me sick. I feel good. Hopefully I will never need to undergo traditional intravenous chemotherapy again.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  20. Joshhtn

Joshhtn The eBay Guy

Thanks for clearing that up. I know that's what was on everyone's mind...

Rinspeed, SRS and G30SF/F-250 like this.