She Messed Up!!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Seriously?, May 15, 2018.

1. Seriously?

Seriously? Ret. U.S.A.F. Historian

FullClip and ChuteTheMall like this.
  2. huskerbuttons

huskerbuttons

In before the...well you know.

Jump, Paul53, arkdweller22 and 4 others like this.

3. catman71

catman71 Spewer of TROOF

Why is every mutt in the pound a half breed pitbull?

orangejeep06 likes this.
  4. hurley842002

hurley842002

[​IMG]

Jump, arkdweller22, DonMerlin and 5 others like this.
  5. fastbolt

fastbolt

People need to stop and think about why, how & when they may decide to use what legally may be considered to be deadly force. (Firing a gun can easily become considered the use/misuse of deadly force, depending on the circumstances.)

The woman in this instance is very fortunate that her shot(s) didn't injure or kill anyone.

Remember this fellow, who tried to save his neighbor from a dog attack, only to end up shooting and killing her?
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/03/16/dog-attack-charges/432376002/

pgg00 likes this.
  6. pgg00

pgg00

My pitties are mean and deadly 20160907_125859.jpg

Ramjet38, Fred Hansen, 1L26 and 7 others like this.
  7. Seriously?

That's easy.

Since they can kill any other dog that tries to get to the female in heat.......they do all the breeding among the mongrels running loose.......of which many are pit bulls anyway so the chances of finding a female with pit bull blood are damned good.

Thus the shelters are full of pit bulls that are a huge drain on resources and eat food that could go to useful and non-dangerous animals.

RenoF250 and Kawabuggy like this.
  8. pgg00

pgg00

:dunno:

9. Seriously?

If she had killed the dogs to protect her daughter and her dog she would not be charged.

By firing a shot to SCARE the dogs she became a criminal (even though she fired into the ground, which usually poses no danger to anybody).

A lot depends on the attitude of your local law enforcement.

Something to think about.

Caver 60, GVIFlyer, pspez and 2 others like this.
  10. Rotn1

Rotn1

Do we think she would have been charged if she had said:

"Two strange dogs were running loose and were attacking my beloved pet. When I motioned toward them to scare them they started to move toward my daughter and I. That's when I drew my firearm. I was so frightened I missed.

We all know not to fire warning shots etc....... But this poor lady clearly had a reason to discharge a weapon and now she is being hosed.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Caver 60 and cghelton like this.
  11. Seriously?

Exactly.

Too many people are naive about the law and just don't think about consequences.

12. pgg00

pgg00

I just took a picture of one my dogs killing a kong. Oh the humanity. The cows 20 yards away are scarred for life 20180515_110759.jpg 20180515_111703.jpg

Rotn1, cghelton, Resqu2 and 9 others like this.
  13. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

If found guilty, fine her one dollar.:odie:

And if you ever have to shoot a pit bull or other varmint, do it to prevent death or severe bodily injury. A warning shot is a miss, with the ground as a safe backstop.
    And save some ammo for the owner, just in case these predators attack in packs.

Keep your gun(s) loaded and ready, until the police arrive and take over.

Rotn1 and Fred Hansen like this.
  14. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

If I was on the jury; I believe she would go free.

BEANCOUNTER, Caver 60, Rotn1 and 7 others like this.
  15. Terry G

Terry G

Unfortunately, the attacks of Pit Bulls/Pit Bull mix, seem to make the news very frequently. My Daughter has two mixed Pit Bulls and swears that their no more aggressive than my Labrador. I question that. As far as the gun thing, I've drawn my pistol twice when Dog's threatened my Dog when it was a pup. Once it WAS a pair of Pit's and my pup was small enough to pick up and transfer to my non-shooting arm. An attack after that would have been on me. I yelled and pointed my gun and the pair stopped and retreated when the owner called them, The second time was a Shepard mix and a Husky type. They came running at us but my Dog was full grown and stood her ground in front of me, teeth showing and growling. I drew my pistol and was about to fire in the ground in front of them when I saw the wagging tails and knew they were just being Dog's, not attacking. Their owner's were just coming into sight. Both times I was ready to shoot, but in retrospect I'm glad I didn't.

Rotn1 likes this.
  16. billorights

billorights

Firing into the ground instead of trying to shoot the dogs was not as dangerous with all those houses around. The pussified officer calling it negligent is an idiot.

17. bruscifer

bruscifer

I did that exact same thing several weeks ago. I live sorta in the country, but I have neighbors just as close as they do in the City. A couple of weeks ago I heard our Dogs going crazy, which they do from time to time. I figured it was UPS or somebody like that, so I went to see what it was they were barking at. They were in backyard going crazy. I looked out the window and saw a couple of Pit bulls in the back. Didn't know how they got in the yard or whose Dogs they were at the time. I got my Shotgun and went into the backyard to scare them off. The little one took off around a shed but the big one stood it's ground about 7 yards from me. This thing had a head the size of a Cow. I kept trying to shoo it off, but it wouldn't budge. It was actually making lunging motions like it was going to charge me. I thought very hard about just shooting the damn thing, but thought I'd fire a warning shot instead first. I aimed at the ground close to where it stood and fired my Buckshot load there. That made it turn tail. I chased to see how they got into my yard. They had made a hole in the Neighbors fence! I knew they had Dogs there, but I had never seen these Dogs before. Apparently, they kept them in a separate part of the Yard behind a different fenced in area. I did a quick patch of the fence, and the Neighbor fixed it the next couple of days later.
    I am glad I didn't kill it since they are my Neighbors. They have kids there that I am sure that would have upset them. If the Dog had been attacking my Dogs or me I would not have hesitated. They just seemed to want to visit and sniff.
    That Lady did the right thing in my opinion. Assuming she shot at the ground or in a relatively safe direction. We don't even have Animal control out here, so we are on our own for the most part. I even keep a firearm on me when I take out the trash.....just in case.

18. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

Some states have stupid laws where warning shots are always illegal, but defensive shooting to stop or kill can be legal. YMMV.

Caver 60 and Rotn1 like this.
  19. billkill

billkill

Let me explain:
    [​IMG]

20. BigBull 301

BigBull 301