Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Girlfriend left me yesterday, moved back in with her parents. Came home from work last night with half of her stuff gone, and the promise ring on the table. Just think, I was going to propose this summer. We had one fight and she just gave in. Couldn't sleep last night. How do you GT'rs cope with situations like this.:frown:

On the plus side, More range time I guess...

Country

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Just think about it all and be glad it happened now vs 5 or 10 years down the line when there would be a ton more expense and time invested. You now have the opportunity to find someone who will complete you that much better and in the long run will be a happier person because you now won't be stuck with her.

·
l'Italia s'è desta
7,521 Posts
Time will heal you. Get plenty of sleep and keep your physical resistance up with eating right, very little alcohol, and stay busy, both in mind and in body.

It's better that it happened with a "promise" ring instead of an engagement or wedding ring.

Learn from this, and choose better next time.

·
What's Up Dox?
6,801 Posts
One of my coworkers has twin boys. Both were engaged and the Fiancee of one of them moved back home to mommy and daddy. Her life is now completely and totally controlled by her overbearing mother. The twin is realizing how big of a mistake he'd have made by marrying her.

Count your blessings! She is gone, but she saved you from divorce. People who can't break from their parents and cling to their partner the way married people should are trouble. If she ran home at the first fight, she's not "the one".

<---was previously married to a "momma's boy". Divorced now for almost 8 years.

Pick up, brush yourself off and get out there!

·
The eBay Guy
21,200 Posts
Tough stuff country. It sure is a crappy situation.

My girlfriend and I had a fall out a year ago and I thought I was going to die of a broken heart. A few months later we made up and now will be married June 26th of this year.

Hang in there brother... If things don't work out with her, there are plenty more out there.

Keep your head up.

·
Herr Trigger
1,261 Posts
Girlfriend left me yesterday, moved back in with her parents. Came home from work last night with half of her stuff gone, and the promise ring on the table. Just think, I was going to propose this summer. We had one fight and she just gave in. Couldn't sleep last night. How do you GT'rs cope with situations like this.:frown:

Country
Good thing you didn't...

Now, get to a bar and have a good time and after said good time go find you someone better than the last one.

·
Rip Lips
7,118 Posts
Wash your hands of it, be nice to her and let her go on with her life. I had a chick do that in the past, her old BF came back into town, she decided she wanted out of our gig on a whim, then wanted me back later....I said no thanks. "You're making a big mistake" she said...my response "I already made it, not going to make it again"

As she was moving out I was nothing but nice and cordial, trying to be helpful, she saw it as antagonistic, of course. "Why are you being so nice?" she says...."I don't need any enemies, and want you to be happy".

Yo yo relationships are not worth it, I have been in a few...closet full of crazy is what most chicks are bringing with them in that situation, if they don't want to talk when things come up, pound sand and don't go back to that situation.

·
Registered
8,412 Posts
Just think about it all and be glad it happened now vs 5 or 10 years down the line when there would be a ton more expense and time invested. You now have the opportunity to find someone who will complete you that much better and in the long run will be a happier person because you now won't be stuck with her.
You just cope. Do something fun to pass the time while the pain slowly recedes.

Other chicks can be fun, too.
Time will heal you. Get plenty of sleep and keep your physical resistance up with eating right, very little alcohol, and stay busy, both in mind and in body.

It's better that it happened with a "promise" ring instead of an engagement or wedding ring.

Learn from this, and choose better next time.
One of my coworkers has twin boys. Both were engaged and the Fiancee of one of them moved back home to mommy and daddy. Her life is now completely and totally controlled by her overbearing mother. The twin is realizing how big of a mistake he'd have made by marrying her.

Count your blessings! She is gone, but she saved you from divorce. People who can't break from their parents and cling to their partner the way married people should are trouble. If she ran home at the first fight, she's not "the one".

<---was previously married to a "momma's boy". Divorced now for almost 8 years.

Pick up, brush yourself off and get out there!
OP sound advice from all of them. It won't be easy nor quick, but you will get better and be better off for it. Going through my first divorce now with someone that SG has described. Won't bore you with the details or air too much dirty laundry... PM me if you would like I'll be glad to help out however I can...

·
Registered
305 Posts
How do you GT'rs cope with situations like this.:frown:
Find another horse and climb right back on, like we like to say down here in TX. :) Seriously, Penn State should have more than enough diversions to make your recovery bearable.

·
What's Up Dox?
6,801 Posts
OP sound advice from all of them. It won't be easy nor quick, but you will get better and be better off for it. Going through my first divorce now with someone that SG has described. Won't bore you with the details or air too much dirty laundry... PM me if you would like I'll be glad to help out however I can...
It is a common issue. A lot more common than folks realize. I have absolutely ZERO tolerance for it. It's a marriage destroyer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If she blows out of town after one fight then you are better off. Things can go up and down in life. You need someone that will be there at the top and bottom.

As stated above, other chicks can be fun too. Get that range time in while you can. It will ease the pain.

·
Registered
15,430 Posts

Country
Just say oh well and there are plenty other fish in the Sea..had that happen to me 2 X mostly just over BS or the chick being to insecure or her friends talking to her and saying you dont really just want to settle down yet your too young party have fun all that crap...It bugged me for 2 days the first time and about 8 hours the second time.because thats how long it took her to get all her stuff out :supergrin: . Sooner or later you find a keeper or get sick of looking and become a old curmudgeon lol.

1 - 20 of 228 Posts