Shape of Glock Trigger

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bentbiker, Feb 11, 2010.

1. bentbiker

bentbiker

The shape of the Glock trigger must be fine for most users, or we'd have more complaints, but for some of us, they just don't fit our hand. My trigger finger has a slight curvature (10-15%?) and a slight twist to it -- no 3rd party replacements available. With a Glock (smooth or target) trigger, as I pull the trigger, my finger tends to point slightly downward on the trigger face and rolls onto the inside of my trigger finger. If I shoot more than 100 rounds, I'll have a pretty uncomfortable situation. Yes, I can somewhat twist my hand in such a way as to fight the slide/roll down the face, but it would never be possible in a SHTF scenario, so all my practice shooting would have been done with one grip and then abandoned when really needed. None of this happens with a Sig trigger which continues to curve on well under the finger, keeping the finger up on the face through the full pull.

I've looked everywhere I know and all the replacement triggers I've seen seem to mimic the exact curve of the Glock trigger. Some have wider trigger safeties like the Glockkworx, and maybe more gizmos, but none show a trigger shape that would keep my finger up on the trigger. Vanek doesn't show his triggers and I can't find any pictures on the web, so I don't know about them.

Does anybody know of a replacement trigger that continues under the trigger finger more like the Sig triggers?

2. bentbiker

bentbiker

Bump to at least get some viewings.

3. mteagle1

mteagle1

It sounds like you have a grip problem. Hold the gun by the barrel in your non-dominant hand, grip the gun as high as possible in the dominant hand so the web is not quite being hit by the slide. Place your finger in the trigger guard so that your finger is resting on the bottom of the trigger guard and the center of the pad at the end of your trigger finger is touching the trigger. Dry fire is the easiest way to practice your trigger pull. Pull the slide to the rear and cock the striker, now insert a folded business card between the slide and the barrel. It should now be out of battery enough that the trigger can be pulled without the sticker dropping but the trigger resets. Practice pulling the trigger with the finger riding the trigger guard. I think you will this easier on your finger.

AFAIK Charlie uses stock parts that he tweaks.

4. bentbiker

bentbiker

As much as I appreciate your attempt to help, I'm afraid my right hand just doesn't work that way. If I could shoot left handed, if my hand was larger, or if the grip angle were more like a 1911 I'd be OK . Thanks for crossing Charlie off the list of possible solutions. I'm beginning to think that the only way I'll get a Sig shaped trigger is to buy a P228R.

5. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Which Glock, bentbiker?

(compact, G20/21, SF, 4th gen, etc).

'Drew

6. bentbiker

bentbiker

I have the smooth trigger in a Gen3 G19. The softer pull of a 3.5 connector helps, but I can't stand the creep it introduces.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  7. kendric98

kendric98

I dont like my g19 trigger i prefer the g17's trigger but im to lazy to get one for it.

8. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Ok. I too think it's a grip issue...can you post a pic with your grip on the gun?

'Drew

9. Glock 17L

Glock 17L Glock 26 Gen 4

I too have put a smooth faced trigger from a G17/G22 in My Glock 19..
    I smoothed the face of the trigger & trigger safety with 1500 grit sandpaper makeing the safety profile the triggers face & this realy helped me out, a Guy who shoots alot of S&Ws with Combat triggers, I never could stand the "Target" Triggers on revolvers or the ones glocks puts in thier compacts & sub-compacts..
    I would think if your wanting the trigger more "Flat" that this could be done with sandpaper.. You don't want to make the trigger safety unsafe just smooth it a little & contour it to the trigger face some..
    Doing this on my newly aquired RTF2 G19 even made the trigger pull feel lighter but of course it's not, I also did the 25 cent trigger job to the crusiform & fireing pin safety when I was working on it.. The trigger that's in my pistol now sure is smooth & it realy does work well for me..
    It's 100% safe & hasn't failed me..
    Here's a pic of the slightly modded trigger in my RTF2 G19
    Gary
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  10. bentbiker

bentbiker

Guys -- what I'm looking for is a trigger for my G19 shaped like the following Sig
    [​IMG]
    which comes well under the trigger finger via much more curvature. Changing to the smooth trigger and shaping the trigger safety to be precisely flush with the trigger when compressed doesn't quite solve my problem.

11. Glock 17L

Glock 17L Glock 26 Gen 4

SIGs triggers are sweet.. Believe me I know..
    Don't know of any aftermarket ones that are shaped as such..
    If you had some time & a file + sandpaper I'd bet you could almost replicate that shape on the glocks trigger, Still wouldn't be as crisp as a SIGs trigger..
    My Buddy has a P220ST I sold hime a few years ago that has the best trigger pull of any DA pistol I have ever seen..
    Sometimes You have to adjust to the pistol instead of altering it to fit you..
    I shoot mostly a Ruger MKII with a Volquartzen Trigger Kit that breaks under 2lbs & after shooting it going to a Glock or a Smith & Wesson takes some getting used to..
    There may be a trigger made like you want but I have never seen it YET..
    You can't realy put a trigger shoe on a Glock because of the Trigger Safety..