Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m posting so that for anyone who isn’t aware of the Agrip product, may gain awareness and give it a look.

I have had an Agrip on my g24 for roughly 10 years. I always liked it and recently I decided that I’d put them on a bunch of my carry rotation firearms.

ordered. Got them and 2 out of 3 are already installed. I forgot how much I liked it and on a carry gun I like it even more. It suits me very well personally.

I’ve heard people call the Agrip the unknown gem or things to that nature. And it’s true as I swear I don’t know where I learned about it those years ago but I love that it’s comfortable. (Maybe it was this forum actually) Somehow lasts for a very long time, doesn’t snag on clothing and certainly improves grip quality x-fold.

I just always wish to share a shout out for what I think is a good product. Many don’t need a shout out cause they’re so mainstream, but agrips seem to always float a little below the radar. Some good YouTube vids on them as well.

Brooks from Brooks tactical is the same man I spoke with literally a decade ago when I ordered the first one. Not sure why I didn’t use more earlier but such is life. I recently picked up a new walther ppq and I felt it was a little slippery for my often sweaty hands in south Florida. That was really the driver that got me looking for a grip improvement.

company is “Brooks tactical” and if you google it you’ll find it.

Contrary to what anyone would think, I have categorically nothing to do with the company. Just really digging them so I wanted to throw it out there.

Brooks is great and the product imo is my go to again for sure. There are products like talon grips and skateboard tape etc, but I just think they all have limitations or undesireable aspects that I don’t see with the agrips.

That is all :)

·
woo woo
31,153 Posts
I’m posting so that for anyone who isn’t aware of the Agrip product, may gain awareness and give it a look.

I have had an Agrip on my g24 for roughly 10 years. I always liked it and recently I decided that I’d put them on a bunch of my carry rotation firearms.

ordered. Got them and 2 out of 3 are already installed. I forgot how much I liked it and on a carry gun I like it even more. It suits me very well personally.

I’ve heard people call the Agrip the unknown gem or things to that nature. And it’s true as I swear I don’t know where I learned about it those years ago but I love that it’s comfortable. (Maybe it was this forum actually) Somehow lasts for a very long time, doesn’t snag on clothing and certainly improves grip quality x-fold.

I just always wish to share a shout out for what I think is a good product. Many don’t need a shout out cause they’re so mainstream, but agrips seem to always float a little below the radar. Some good YouTube vids on them as well.

Brooks from Brooks tactical is the same man I spoke with literally a decade ago when I ordered the first one. Not sure why I didn’t use more earlier but such is life. I recently picked up a new walther ppq and I felt it was a little slippery for my often sweaty hands in south Florida. That was really the driver that got me looking for a grip improvement.

Contrary to what anyone would think, I have categorically nothing to do with the company. Just really digging them so I wanted to throw it out there.

Brooks is great and the product imo is my go to again for sure. There are products like talon grips and skateboard tape etc, but I just think they all have limitations or I desireable aspects that I don’t see with the agrips.

I used agrip on a P3at years ago, it really made the gun much easier to live with...replace the abrasive plastic checking with a softer grippier texture that enhanced its shooting qualities especially

·
Director of civil unrest
10,286 Posts
Mayhaps there's still hope for my M&P 2.0? The grip texture on that gun makes it torture to carry! I had the Talon grip on it and it failed miserably. Got gooey and came off one too many times. I ripped it off!
I notice the over-wrap with this grip goes around clockwise and the edge is on the outside instead. That makes me believe this would work for my S&W.

·
Anti-Federalist
21,410 Posts
I like the way it feels and the grip it provides. I do not like the fact that it peels at the edges with every holster I've used them with. I've tried twice now but they come off after a few months. I may have learned my lesson at the second attempt.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Price point is kind of high compared to the Talons I use. I have tried something called Falcon, and they didn't stick to the gun at all.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mayhaps there's still hope for my M&P 2.0? The grip texture on that gun makes it torture to carry! I had the Talon grip on it and it failed miserably. Got gooey and came off one too many times. I ripped it off!
I notice the over-wrap with this grip goes around clockwise and the edge is on the outside instead. That makes me believe this would work for my S&W.
I would think it would. Yes really a different product compared to talon grips. Certainly worth a try if carrying your m&p is really bothersome.

Reactions: 'Ol Grandad

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the way it feels and the grip it provides. I do not like the fact that it peels at the edges with every holster I've used them with. I've tried twice now but they come off after a few months. I may have learned my lesson at the second attempt.
really? Admittedly I had it on a g24 which I never carried. As I type this I am carrying the ppq that started the whole thing. I’ll see if I have any issues with it but none so far.
It’s interesting because As far as the one on my g24 I think I’d need a blowtorch to get it off lol!!!!!

I hope I don’t have the same problem that you had but I have a friend who carries one on his g26 and he hasn’t had any issues. Again lots of variables. Firearm type, Holster style etc.

Could be any of a host of things of course. Too bad that you had a negative experience, just because I think it’s really good for what it is.

the fact that it doesn’t grab clothing And that when wet or sweaty it doesn’t get slippery are the winners for me. The clothing grabbing is not fun with some rubberized stuff I’ve used in the past. (Was walking around a grocery store for about 10 mins with my shirt not over the gun!)

Reactions: syntaxerrorsix

·
Anti-Federalist
21,410 Posts
really? Admittedly I had it on a g24 which I never carried. As I type this I am carrying the ppq that started the whole thing. I’ll see if I have any issues with it but none so far.
It’s interesting because As far as the one on my g24 I think I’d need a blowtorch to get it off lol!!!!!

I hope I don’t have the same problem that you had but I have a friend who carries one on his g26 and he hasn’t had any issues. Again lots of variables. Firearm type, Holster style etc.

Could be any of a host of things of course. Too bad that you had a negative experience, just because I think it’s really good for what it is.

the fact that it doesn’t grab clothing And that when wet or sweaty it doesn’t get slippery are the winners for me. The clothing grabbing is not fun with some rubberized stuff I’ve used in the past. (Was walking around a grocery store for about 10 mins with my shirt not over the gun!)

Yes, really. At all edges that interface with the holster. After about a month or so the edges would roll and then start collecting the day's lint and debris. I've considered using it to wrap around the grip alone where it couldn't be damaged by reholstering as it does in fact improve the grip dramatically but I never got around to it. Good news is it comes off pretty easy and doesn't leave any residue. I gave it two chances to work. I guess it's just not for me.

·
Director of civil unrest
10,286 Posts
Yes, really. At all edges that interface with the holster. After about a month or so the edges would roll and then start collecting the day's lint and debris. I've considered using it to wrap around the grip alone where it couldn't be damaged by reholstering as it does in fact improve the grip dramatically but I never got around to it. Good news is it comes off pretty easy and doesn't leave any residue. I gave it two chances to work. I guess it's just not for me.
This is disheartening. For the $36+ I'm not sure I'm willing to take another chance on a stick on grip wrap. Who knows though, I've already got over $400 wrapped up in the gun, what's another $36+?

·
Anti-Federalist
21,410 Posts
This is disheartening. For the $36+ I'm not sure I'm willing to take another chance on a stick on grip wrap. Who knows though, I've already got over $400 wrapped up in the gun, what's another $36+?
I tried it on a Glock 23 with a SideArmor Kydex holster years ago and within the last 6 months I tried it again on my 43 with a GFI Ronin OWB and a Milt Sparks SS2.

I think the leather holster did the most/quickest damage. I was pretty pissed about it because it's really comfortable. My OCD simply wouldn't allow it.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
I’ve had a few. As with any grip, preparation is important. I might get one for my 48 at some point.

I only disagree with the Brooks instructions on one point. They suggest wrapping the mag release to keep out dust (solution to a non-existent problem). I never could get the tension around the mag release how I wanted it, so I always cut a little hole on both sides after installation.

The A Grips have a interesting texture, like fine velvet. Their adhesive is really good. Last time I checked, LWD had the best prices on them.

·
NRA & SAF mbr
2,984 Posts
Yep.... me, too. I got an A-grip for my EDC years ago. I liked it a LOT. Loved the way it felt and gripped. But, it peeled. Got another one. It peeled, too. Since then, I've switched to the Talon rubberized grips, and they've held up VERY well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i had similar issues with EDC g29,
After trying different holster types.

I came to the conclusion of the holsters are simply too tight I was able to customize my holster a little bit using parts from other holsters. Rubber bushing and such

Basically I just changed the way the holster hugs on the side of a firearm while still retaining good retention works like a dream

agrip is on and holster functions perfectly

·
Anti-Federalist
21,410 Posts
i had similar issues with EDC g29,
After trying different holster types.

I came to the conclusion of the holsters are simply too tight I was able to customize my holster a little bit using parts from other holsters. Rubber bushing and such

Basically I just changed the way the holster hugs on the side of a firearm while still retaining good retention works like a dream

agrip is on and holster functions perfectly
I'm sure that's an option for Kydex. Not so much with a $200 Milt Sparks.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Brooks is great and the product imo is my go to again for sure. There are products like talon grips and skateboard tape etc, but I just think they all have limitations or undesireable aspects that I don’t see with the agrips.

Got Agrip on my g29sf

Attachments

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
I've been using the Agrip for several years now and love them. I have never had an issue with the ones I've used, but I follow the installation instructions to a tee. Preparation and rounding sharp corners is the key. I currently have one on my G26. I love the feel, and the wetter my hands get, the grippier the Agrip gets. I have a Talon rubber grip on my 27, and about to switch it out for a Talon Pro, just to see how those will pan out. Though I've had very good results with the Talons over the years, If it doesn't hit a home run, I'll be putting an Agrip on it as well. I agree, Lone Wolf has the best prices on these, and since the Talon Pro is now priced at $24.95, the $2 is a wash for me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This is one of those products most people aren't aware of. Brooks himself a unique guy. I have been using for over 10 years. Moved from Northern climates to NC 5 years ago. Hot summer days at the range sweat runs from every orifice, think oil not water. I have handguns with most imaginable types of grip treatments from checkered from straps to stippled Glocks, rubber grips, Talon's, etc. NOTHING comes close to giving a solid grip with hands covered in sweat as AGRIP. And as mentioned above it is soft to the touch, so great for carry guns. Not sure why so many people have holsters that run on AGRIP, the decal only goes where the grip is which is not usually covered by a holster. I use a variety of IWB, OWB, kydex, plastic, leather and hybrid holster and have not run into this yet. I am 50% done with a total rebuild of an old MkI FN Hi Power, the AGRIP is already here waiting for the rest of the project to be complete.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts